Engineering and Operations | Redwood City, CA, United States
Arrayent is a startup company, based in Redwood City, CA that is transforming how major consumer brands strengthen the relationship to their customers. Our product, the Arrayent Connect Platform, connects our customer’s consumer products to their smartphone and web apps. It has been adopted by world class product brands including: Whirlpool Corporation, Pentair, Monster, Hunter Fan, First Alert and Chamberlain.
Imagine an iPhone app that answers the question of did I leave the garage door open (and it even lets you close it remotely if you did!), a smart fridge that prompts your smartphone that it's time to replace the water filter and allows you to reorder it with a single click, and the peace of mind knowing that while you are on vacation you'll get a text in the event your smoke detector goes off or the back door is opened. We make this all possible!
More information about Arrayent is available at: www.arrayent.com
The Field Applications Engineer will act as the primary contact between our customers and the Arrayent Engineering team. This professional will learn the Arrayent Technology and then manage customer projects end to end. This position is based in Redwood City, CA
- Be the primary technical contact for our engineering customers to bring revolutionary connected products to market.
- Learn all of Arrayent's technology (embedded, server, web API) to communicate to customers
- Design solutions to solve customer needs under budgetary constraints to meet project deadlines.
- Manage transition from development to manufacturing to sustaining support.
- Liaise between customer and internal technical staff.
- Be customer’s advocate within Arrayent, communicating needs and schedules.
- Manage customer’s project through Arrayent engineering, manufacturing, operations, and support teams.
- Experience leading distributed cross-functional teams in developing complex multi-component software and hardware systems.
- Strong skills in domain analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and rapport with customers
- Broad understanding of technology areas: networking, OS, hardware embedded systems, client/server systems, web applications, mobile apps.
- Experience with C programming and Web Services.
- Software Life Cycle Experience: Requirements, Architecture and Design Specifications. QA Test Plans, Release Notes and Issue Tracking.
- BS degree
Arrayent offers competitive salary package (including stock options), excellent health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k plan, gym membership, and commuter check (we're adjacent to Redwood City Caltrain station).