Tremor Video is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Web Services/API Platform team.
In this role, you can expect to participate in a highly cross-organizational environment; designing, creating and enhancing the existing suite of RESTful API's that are the foundation of our enterprise-class client-facing portals.
A successful candidate will demonstrate a deep understanding of a variety of API conventions, along with an approach to design that delivers highly innovative and usable components, while always striving to make it all work with great speed and efficiency.
Our scrum development methodology is collaborative, iterative, and lightweight. We use Jira for issue tracking, and you can expect to have daily interaction with a number of high-performance technologies, including MySQL, Spring, Hibernate, as deployed on Tomcat-based systems.Responsibilities
- Design and build a variety of components for Tremor Video’s state-of-the-art, Java-based, API Platform
- Interact with the following technologies on a daily basis; MySQL, Hadoop, Memcached, Linux, Tomcat, Spring, Hibernate, and so on.
- 3+ years software engineering experience
- Demonstrate proficiency in designing, implementing, supporting, and enhancing Restful APIs.
- You can provide great expertise in the field of Java software architecture, including the design of object oriented, database, and messaging technologies.
- You can offer extensive experience working with both Spring and Hibernate frameworks, particularly in regards to the use of relational data storage technologies, such as MySQL.
- You have some background working within the agile/scrum development methodology, which includes a strong understanding of project cycles, software development environments, and source control techniques.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, minimum, but an advanced degree is preferred.
You can demonstrate some credible experience and knowledge working with the following technologies:
About Tremor Video
- Memcached/DB, or other caching technologies
Tremor Video (NYSE: TRMR) is transforming the video advertising experience across all screens for the world’s leading brands. Our proprietary technology, VideoHub®, offers advertisers and publishers a complete programmatic solution to reach and engage consumers while providing new insights into what drives the success of brand advertising performance across multiple devices. Tremor Video is based in New York with offices throughout the US and across the globe. For more information, visit tremorvideo.com and find Tremor Video on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.