Software Engineer - Front End
Engineering | New York, NY
Squarespace is looking for senior front end engineers to craft the most sophisticated application interfaces on the web. Front end software engineers at Squarespace specialize in building responsive and elegant web UIs with YUI3 and have a strong understanding of our entire application stack. They strive to push the envelope in what is possible in a web browser. We seek individuals with strong design sensibilities and interest in delivering humane interfaces that are a pleasure to use.
- Contribute to presentation layer standards and practices
- Contribute to testing and implementation approach for presentation layer
- Prototype future interfaces
- Work closely with our product and design teams, as well as other engineers and the data team
- Good taste
- Interest if not experience working further down the stack
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Bonus: you've contributed to open source projects
Squarespace's mission is to provide creative tools that power the future of the web. From designers creating the next generation of web and mobile experiences, to anyone managing their own online presence for the first time, Squarespace provides elegant solutions that set new standards for online publishing. By focusing our efforts on the fusion of design and engineering, we strive to create long-lasting products that delight and surprise our customers.
Squarespace is defined by our insistence on providing an unparalleled user experience. All of our team members are charged with bringing creativity, honesty, and intellectual rigor to their responsibilities in a never-ending quest to delight our customers. We have high expectations of each other and work as a team to build things we are all proud of. That mindset, along with our execution, has allowed Squarespace to create revolutionary products and grow into the stable business it is today.
Learn more at http://squarespace.com/about