Nothing less than the transformation of the public cloud into a trusted and manageable platform enabling the future of enterprise computing. That is the Bracket Vision.
We're not alone. Substantial investment from top-tier venture companies will fund aggressive growth for us for years. Our management and senior engineering teams come from Facebook, Google, NetApp, EMC, VMware, Cisco, and IronPort. But it's our small staff that really counts: specialists in storage systems, security, cloud, and infrastructure/DevOps, they solve complex problems in a fast-paced, stealth environment, and they do it with precision and elegance.
They also demand BBQs, beer bashes, an open vacation policy, and walls not painted beige. We're only too happy to comply.
We're small, we're fast, we're seasoned, we're fun, and we're funded. If that sounds less like a job and more like an opportunity, get in the Bracket.
Performance and System Test Engineer
We are looking for engineers to help Bracket improve profitability and optimize our cloud deployment design. This position requires a combination of ability to write tools to generate load and measure performance across a distributed system (with a focus in storage systems), and then perform business analytics to measure cost and opportunity for optimization.
You will help define performance metrics and implement the tools to measure them. You will identify and describe optimizations we can make to our deployment to lower operating costs. You will work with developers to design with performance in mind, and assist in optimization. You will work cross functionally with finance to measure and report on profit margins for various SKUs. You will work on the COGS (Cost of Goods Sold) component of our deployment design.
Required Experience & Skills
- 5+ years in system testing and/or performance benchmarking
- Systems level testing experience with Enterprise scale applications
- Coding/scripting experience required (python experience a plus). Be able to build custom tools to provide data needed, leveraging existing framework.
- Proficiency with Linux and/or FreeBSD operating system
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Exposure to Virtualization/cloud technologies
- Cloud Service Provider (CSP) experience (e.g. AWS, Azure, Rackspace)
- Tools: jmeter, Loadrunner, Avalanche, Ixia etc.
- Applications: database applications like Hadoop, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, etc. Web servers such as IIS, WebSphere, etc. Data Analytics with Splunk, SAS, Cloudera, etc.
- Inquisitive personality
- Big picture viewpoint—can connect the dots across applications and functional teams
- Amiable personality; works well with others, even outside of core group
- Excellent time-management, multitasking skills