Accounting | San Jose, CA
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant, in San Jose, CA to join our Corporate Accounting Team.
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: San Jose, CA
The primary focus for this position will be to ensure that day-to-day general ledger accounting requirements are carried out in accordance with established accounting principles, policies and objects, in an accurate and timely manner. This position will be responsible for ensuring the integrity and accuracy of specific balance sheet accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform month-end accounting close functions to include preparing journal entries, post transactions, pre-paid, accruals, and account reconciliations and analysis.
- Responsible for maintaining books for one of the international subsidiaries. Also, prepare flux analysis and transfer pricing entries.
- Automate the process to capture the uplift on the rental equipment.
- Participate in special projects to support management’s need for financial statement analysis and process improvement projects
- Responsible for preparing, auditing, analyzing and reporting financial data as required.
- Prepare PBC/SEC schedules during quarter end and year end.
- Ensuring compliance with all Sarbanes Oxley requirements and leading any approved changes.
- Develop thorough working knowledge of group operations; collect and analyze data to reflect the group operations are accurately reported in the company’s financial statements.
- Provides detailed and reliable information to internal and external auditors as needed.
- Completing other tasks, as may be assigned.
Knowledge & Experience:
- BS Degree in Accounting/Finance required.
- CPA/MBA in Accounting or equivalent experience preferred.
- At least 3+ years of GL Accounting working experience with in-depth knowledge of US GAAP.
- Experience in the application of ASC830 (FAS 52) including the preparation of consolidated financial statements.
- Attention to details, proactive, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement.
- Experience with mid-to-large size companies. Experience with manufacturing company is a plus.
- Proficient in Oracle 11i GL module or similarly large ERP systems.
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications, including Excel (V-Look Ups, Pivot Tables, etc.), Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint. Strong analytical skills
Skills & Ability
- Excellent understanding of US GAAP and technical accounting issues like lease accounting, M&A, transfer pricing etc.
- Excellent technical knowledge of journal entry processing, account analysis techniques, and demonstrated reconciliation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong organizational and multitasking capabilities.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment is a plus!
VeriFone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
« Back to Openings