Senior Web Application Developer
Engineering | San Jose, CA
Job Title: Senior Web Application Developer
Location: San Jose, CA
VeriFone is looking for an experienced software engineer to join the Global Software Solutions team. The engineer will be responsible to create web application using the latest technology of HTML5/Java Script. The successful candidate will be comfortable gathering requirements, performing design work and coding to a general guideline. They need to be able to evaluate different approaches using Webkit/Blink or Opera and be able to pick the necessary libraries to build the functions based on the spec.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with other teams members to understand customer requirements and come up with meaningful solutions.
- Write application in Java Script and HTML5 and test the same.
- Lead requirements gathering, UML or Use Case modeling, analysis and design activities
- Develop detailed design specifications including interface to backend server and service modules
- Present and evaluate design solutions objectively and facilitate conflict resolution
- Participate in meetings & reviews with customers and team members.
- Troubleshoot potential issues at customer locations
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Linux operating system
- Minimum of 2 years of Java Script and Script and strong knowledge of HTML5
- HTML5, CSS3, AJAX
- Knowledge of JSON,
- Experience with Advanced REST Client or similar
- Webkit, Blink or Opera experience is big plus.
- Remote debugging with Eclipse.
- Agile development (Scrum).
- Web application security principles; common attacks and prevention.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- Prior experience in programming for real-time limited resource (embedded) systems is a plus.
- Prior experience to tune application to smaller footprint and/or smaller CPU usage is a plus.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with Web Services and associated interface protocols
- Very good exposure to Java, J2EE, JDBC, XML, XSD, JSP and Web Services.
Skills & Ability:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of programming / systems analysis, as well as quality assurance, and integration functions.
- Candidate must have an extremely high level of energy, drive, and creativity to solve complex business problems; possess strong leadership capabilities.
- Have a high tolerance for ambiguity and an ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, customer centric and sales focused entrepreneurial environment.
Some local and international travel may be involved.
VeriFone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
« Back to Openings