Engineering | Boulder, CO, United States
Are you ready to join a software team whose work is revolutionizing the way consumers interact with and use energy? If you love solving complex problems and building highly scalable, distributed systems, then Tendril is the place for you.
Our market position is expanding. We are rapidly adding customers and collecting tons of data. Big Data. We solve hard problems and empower our utility partners and their customers to use energy more effectively. We think about how to scale teams and data.
If this intrigues you, we are looking for skilled individuals who love to think about big data, write high-quality testable code, and employ the craft of software development. We need motivated developers who are excited about working in an open, highly collaborative, agile environment with a leading edge technology stack.
What You’ll Do
- Design and write code for Tendril’s core platform to support high-volume, low-latency, distributed multi-tenant architecture.
- Interact with cross-functional product and support teams to define, code, and deploy customer requirements.
- Execute performance tuning in a high-volume, concurrent, distributed environment.
Technologies We Use
- RESTful web services
What you bring to Tendril
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Three years of experience as Java Developer.
- A solid knowledge of computer science including data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience with concurrency, relational databases, RESTful web services, test-first development, and Agile methodologies.
- Experience with Postgres, Groovy, Maven, Git, and Spring
If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
What Makes Working at Tendril Awesome
Tendril’s high energy, sometimes silly, fast-paced work environment will keep you engaged, motivated, and well fed.
Work-life balance is a core priority at Tendril. We work hard and we play hard and often the two overlap. Walking meetings along Boulder Creek Path, early morning hikes in the foothills, mountain challenges to climb a fourteener, running the Bolder Boulder, and cutthroat ping-pong tournaments keep us fresh and passionate about Tendril. We love our dogs and bring them to work with us. We host family events and adult parties. We contribute to the community, we volunteer, and we mentor.
Plus, we offer a ton of great benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a generous employer contribution;
- An innovative paid time off policy with no limit to vacation or personal days;
- A generous stock options plan and a 401(k) plan;
- Full reimbursement of bus and light rail passes;
- A kitchen stocked with breakfast and lunch food, coffee, sodas, snacks, and adult beverages;
- An open office environment where ideas flow among marketers and developers, product managers and support reps,who sit shoulder-to-shoulder collaborating and challenging and encouraging each other.
About the Tendril Team
Our people make Tendril great. We are a company of super stars working together on interesting things and achieving exceptional results. Each one of us contributes to our strong company culture, led by a visionary yet tactical management team.
Tendril offers our people the chance to grow professionally while working with colleagues they like and respect on work that stretches their brains and grows their skills. We are connected by a desire to innovate and a goal of helping the environment by changing the behaviors of energy consumers. And we like to laugh.