Engineering | Boulder, CO, United States
Tendril focuses on bringing 21st century energy efficiency to the energy industry. Our technology facilitates dialogue between consumers and suppliers through an end-to-end energy ecosystem that connects consumer devices (like thermostats) to the Tendril Energy Management System and utility back office applications. This enables consumers to gain a greater understanding and control of their energy consumption, and allows energy suppliers to establish a deeper relationship with their customers and deploy smart energy conservation programs. With an innovative, open technology approach, Tendril is uniquely positioned to address the macro trends of energy efficiency and connectedness that will generate new revenue streams and drive the “Internet of Things” economy to critical mass. For more information about Tendril visit www.tendrilinc.com.
About the Job
Are you ready to join a software team whose work is revolutionizing the way consumers interact with and use energy?If you love solving complex problemsand building highly-scalable, distributed systems then Tendril is the place for you.
Our market position is expanding. We are rapidly adding customers and collecting tons of data. We solve hard problems and empower our utility partners and their customers to use energy more effectively. We think about how to scale teams and data.
If this intrigues you, we are looking for skilled individuals who love to think about big data, write high-quality testable code and employ the craft of software development. We need motivated developers who are excited about working in an open, highly collaborative, agile environment with a leading edge technology stack.
Technologies we use: RESTful web services, Finagle, Protobuf, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, Cloudstack, Hadoop, Ruby/Rails, Java, Spring, Hibernate, Zookeeper
- Design and write code for Tendril’s core platform that supports high-volume, low-latency, distributed multi-tenant architecture
- Interact with cross-functional product and support teams to define, code and deploy customer requirements
- Performance tuning in a high-volume, concurrent, distributed environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience as Java Developer
- Solid knowledge of computer science including data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Should have experience with concurrency, relational databases, RESTful web services, test-first development and Agile methodologies
- Experience with Postgres, Groovy, Maven, git, and Spring a plus.
Tendril offers a high energy, fast-paced work environment that will keep you engaged, motivated, and well fed. We work to build our community and help our people thrive, which is why we want to offer them the very best:
- Open paid time off policy—no limit to vacation or sick days
- Comprehensive benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A generous stock options plan, as well as a 401(k) plan
- Full reimbursement of bus and light rail passes
- Fully stocked kitchen with regular lunches, coffee, and snacks
- On the boulder creek path, showers on premise
- A cool office in the heart of Boulder, Colorado