Customer Experience | San Antonio, TX, United States
The Linux Systems Administrator III interacts with PEER 1 customers and takes ownership of escalated customer issues through to the point of resolution, utilizing a variety of resources to obtain the necessary knowledge, skills, techniques and tools that are needed to assist in this. The Linux Systems Administrator III always takes great pride in their work and as part of this are regularly working with other teams to improve knowledge levels to improve customer experience. This position requires a willingness to dream big and measure yourself against the best. Not just technologically, but in all that you do. Be prepared for a career that doesn’t feel like work – no matter how long and hard you are actually working.
- Serves as resident expert on the products supported.
- Proactively support critical shared infrastructure systems & processes which sustain the customer base, including but not limited to McAfee EPO, Nimsoft & YUM.
- Setup/configuration & troubleshooting of VMware Solutions, including but not limited to SRM, VUM, HA & VDP.
- Setup/configuration & troubleshooting of RHEL Cluster solutions.
- Serves as liaison and main point of contact for the Product Engineering and Development group(s), providing information regarding server health, product issues and fixes, recommendations and system performance.
- Has administrative access to a production server that is required for resolving all issues.
- Reviews error and audit logs.
- Performs system restores and form backups as necessary.
- Works with vendors, I.T. staff, Product Engineers, and end users to troubleshoot problems with server applications.
- Assists in policing our usage policies (spam, porn, warez, bots) and works with customers and internal organizations to find a resolution to the issues.
- Monitors system performance & performs preventive maintenance on servers.
- Troubleshoots and analyzes cause of performance problems.
- Exercises judgment using procedures and practices to determine appropriate course of action.
- Assists in the distribution of newly developed software, features, changes, etc to production machines.
- Performs migrations of customer data as needed to maintain balanced loads on systems or in the event of emergency.
- Performs on-call duties as required.
- Performs other work from time to time as requested by the team manager.
- Demonstrates an appetite to perform, succeed and grow in ways most people never dream of.
- Experience ( S.A. ) -- 4 + years
- Operating System -- Expert knowledge and use of Linux and VMware Platform
- Product Knowledge -- Expert in 3 + product sets
- Skill Set -- Expert - as defined in skill set
- At least 4 years’ experience in building, configuring, and managing Linux servers in multi-tenant enterprise environments.
- Strong technical knowledge of VMware technology. Should be able to set up, migrate as well as troubleshoot performance issues on VMware platform.
- Strong technical knowledge of NFS & Database Clustering. Should be able to setup and troubleshoot a database and file share cluster from the ground up including all required services.
- Good technical knowledge of Citrix Xen.
- Good technical knowledge of MySQL database administration.
- Able to work with networked/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Ability to work independently on projects.
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (bash, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated, directed with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills and orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- VCP, ITIL, RHCE/RHCSA strongly preferred.
- Experienced with hardware and peripheral installation, maintenance.
- Experience working in large datacenter environments.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to identify areas of improvements & a determination to make a difference.
- A second language would be desirable but not essential.
- Please click on the ‘Apply’ button below to submit your cover letter and resume
- Closing Date: We are committed to hiring the best people for our Peer 1 team, therefore this position will remain open until we find the right fit! Be sure to apply right away, we don’t want to miss the opportunity to meet our next superstar.