Finance | Vancouver, B.C., Canada
This role plays a crucial role as primary liaison with Cogeco to ensure internal controls are effectively managed. This position requires a willingness to dream big and measure yourself against the best. Not just as a control guru, but in all that you do. Be prepared for a career that doesn’t feel like work – no matter how long and hard you are actually working.
What we will count on you for:
What you’ll bring:
- Act as primary liaison with the Parent company’s internal control and internal audit departments;
- Visit corporate offices to assess risks and control issues in business operational and financial processes;
- Make recommendations to improve any control weaknesses and follow-up to ensure the implementation of recommendations;
- Prepare action plans to improve internal controls and monitor their implementation;
- Test the effectiveness of the company’s business and information systems control environment;
- Analyze control failures and make recommendations of remediation plans and follow-up to ensure the implementation of recommendations.
- Ensure company-wide compliance with policies and practices;
- Ensure Authorization Policy is up-to-date and communicated to all relevant parties.
- Documenting processes and regularly update documentation to account for process changes
- Drive the understanding, adoption, and adherence to internal controls
- Help support the development of ongoing training and induction materials for all business departments around controls and accounting matters.
Commitment and Attitude:
- Strong interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
- A belief that internal controls can strengthen an organization without slowing them down
- Enjoys educating others and helping them understand the contribution they make to a strong control environment
- A determination to make a difference.
- University degree in Business or Finance and accounting designation (CGA, CA)
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in external and/or internal audit.
- Problem solving and analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong technical background; extremely systems-savvy
- Works well in an environment with firm deadlines; results oriented
Please click on the ‘Apply’ button below to submit your cover letter and resume
Closing Date: We are committed to hiring the best people for our PEER 1 team; therefore this position will remain open until we find the right fit! Be sure to apply right away, we don’t want to miss the opportunity to meet our next superstar.