Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, among other games.Relic was founded on the premise that it is entirely possible to ship first class, genre altering, AAA titles, and have a life. Relic is based out of beautiful Vancouver, Canada, a city that has breath-taking mountain and ocean views, along with snowboarding and skiing, golfing year-round and amazing hiking trails. If you love games, enjoy working collaboratively with smart, creative people, and have diverse personal interests outside of work – you’ll enjoy our culture.
What you will be doing:
The Brand Manager plays a strategic role between the development team and the global brand organisation, reporting to the Brand Director. You are the brand ambassador at the heart of development, charged with creating high quality content and devising global strategy for all Relic titles.
- Work closely with the Brand Director and studio Development team to define product positioning, USP and key features
- Authoring and execution of a strategic global brand and marketing plan ensuring SEGA are on board with the brand vision
- Develop marketing and creative executions that maximize impact and engagement
- Work with Business Intelligence team to interpret and understand consumer characteristics and product data in order to translate these insights into future planning
- Implementation of internal best practices and process where necessary
- Work with Licensing and partners on brand extensions and identify additional revenue streams for given products
- Ensure that product positioning is translated in a consistent manner into both software and outwards across all marketing communications and assets
- Work closely with the production studio team to align game deliverables with the campaign requirements
- Maintaining the game asset schedule with regular communication to all stakeholders (internal and external)
- Responsible for the generation and approval of all campaign assets
- Supervise the development of consumer, product and market research (focus groups, product reviews, usability testing etc.) as needed by the Brand team, studio or game developers. Conduct marketing activity performance analysis and competitive analysis
- Works closely with the Communication Manager and Community Manager to generate content for cross-channel communications that sit within the broader global communications plan
- Provide constant feedback to the studio production group in terms of platform trends, competitive activities, retail sales and consumer trends. These insights will help define game features which are supportive of the game’s high concept
- Some travel will be required
What you should have:
- 5+ years’ experience in video game Brand management is required.
- Post-Secondary Education in Business or Marketing
- Brand experience in the Games Industry is required.
- CRM experience desired
- Team management experience required
- Experience with data analysis and interpretation required
- Strong understanding of the digital landscape(particularly digital distribution)
- Passion for video gaming and interactive entertainment, industry dynamics, trends and players
- International business and marketing experience
- Knowledge and experience with RTS / PC game Marketing is required.
- Proven ability to develop strong internal and external relationships and excellent collaborative skills
- Proven communication and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of the product development process
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and drive projects to successful completion
- Ability to apply critical thinking to analysis and problem solving
Salary: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00/Annually + a competitive benefits package(includes extended medical and dental).
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Positions Available: 2
Location:1040 Hamilton St, Suite 400, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6B 2R9 Canada
To apply for the position, go to: http://jobvite.com/m?30nQrgwp.