Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, among other games. Relic was founded on the premise that it is entirely possible to ship first class, genre altering, AAA titles, and have a life. Relic is based out of beautiful Vancouver, Canada, a city that has breath-taking mountain and ocean views, along with snowboarding and skiing, golfing year-round and amazing hiking trails. If you love games, enjoy working collaboratively with smart, creative people, and have diverse personal interests outside of work – you’ll enjoy our culture.
What you will be doing
In this role, the Animator will create high quality game play animation and creatively contribute to the animation team’s collective vision. This is a contract position.
- Create natural, realistic, highly polished animations using Max or Maya and other proprietary in-house animation tools
- Work closely with the Art Director and/or Lead Animator to develop animations that fit the projects style, using appropriate reference materials
- Proactively recognize problems and troubleshoot solutions
- Work closely with Design to develop in game animation visualizations
What you should have
- A passion to create compelling, well-timed animation – as evident in a demo reel that will knock our socks off!
- 3+ years experience as an animator in the games industry
- Proficiency in realistic key frame animation
- Ability to take on tasks with little supervision.
- Understanding of game tech trees and animation hook up.
- M experience a must
- Motion capture experience\motion builder experience
- Understanding of cinematic composition, cameras and timing.
- A deep understanding of the requirements and mechanics of creating AAA games
- Excellent understanding of human/non-human locomotion, timing, weight and balance
- Ability to learn fast, take initiative with assigned tasks and follow through creative and technical troubleshooting
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Efficient, reliable, self motivated, passionate about animation
- Ability to plan and schedule effectively
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies a plus
Job Type: Full-Time, Temporary
Positions Available: 1
Location:1040 Hamilton St, Suite 400, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6B 2R9 Canada