Engineering (R&D) | Cupertino, CA, United States
About SugarCRM, Inc.
SugarCRM enables businesses to create extraordinary customer relationships with the most innovative and affordable CRM solution in the market. Recognized by leading market analysts as a “visionary” company, Sugar is deployed by over 1.4 M individuals in 120 countries and 26 languages.
Sugar is positioned to fully unleash the promise of CRM with our innovative CRM system designed for every individual who engages with customers: sellers, marketers, customer support agents, receptionists, and executives. The company is delivering a completely transformed, individualized CRM user experience that is immersive, engaging, and intuitive. Sugar fuses the straightforward simplicity, mobility, and social aspects of a consumer app with the business process optimization of conventional CRM.
If you are an innovative and passionate engineer, our development team is the place for you. You will have a chance to work on the massively scalable cloud platform for the application used by millions of people around the globe as well as share your knowledge with the vast open-source community of coders. You will be a part of a rapid development cycle and have a high degree of independence, self-direction, and creativity in your work. You will be working with a group of ALLSTAR developers on SugarCRM's next generation platform. You will be implementing the next generation of SugarCRM's backend focusing on performance while maintaining backwards compatibility. You will be expected to research technologies and use the best practices to create a ROCK SOLID platform.
You will have direct exposure working on enterprise-class systems for Fortune 500 customers.
- Writing maintainable and extensible PHP code
- Collaborate with others in an open environment
- Focus on creating a developer-friendly framework
- Designing, Implementing, Profiling, Debugging and Optimizing
- Deep understanding of Algorithms and Design Patterns
- Solid CS foundations [BS in CS or equivalent experience]
- Thorough understanding of Performance and Scalability
- Understanding of Data modeling and Cloud-friendly application design
Location: Cupertino, CA.
- Developed a scalable Cloud based application
- Worked on a web-based application - NOT just a website
- Familiarity with creating Restful APIs
- Experience developing in Python CRM experience
- You get Git
Note: SugarCRM's jobs are not open to 3rd party recruiting vendors; therefore, any submissions by such will be considered a gift and no fee will be paid.
What we do... We are the world's fastest-growing CRM (Customer Relationship Management) company. Our software is an open-platform, web-based CRM solution. Businesses in all markets and all sizes leverage the power of Sugar every day. We have 10 million downloads, one million users, 30,000 developers, 1,000 applications and 350 partners.
Who we are...
SugarCRM was founded in 2004. The company is headquartered in Cupertino, California with European headquarters in Munich, Germany and Asia Pacific headquarters in Sydney, Australia. We are pre-IPO, growing fast and always looking for the top talent. If you're looking for the excitement and feel of a start-up, but the stability and experience of a market leader, then you're going to love working at SugarCRM.
What is it REALLY like to work here?
- Open is at the heart of our business and our culture. You won't find cubicles here
- Management asks for everyone's ideas and problem-solving solutions
- Engineers drive many of the product's features
- Employees are closer to the customer's needs
- Entreprenurial-spirited employees
- Onsite Developer Sprint weeks - all developers come together. You code, Sugar provides the food
- Collaborative work environment Ownership is the greatest self-identity at SugarCRM - you are making an impact now
- We are a merit-based company - many opportunities to learn, excel and grow your career
- Wednesday Lunch Demos
- Need a break? We have a ping-pong table and Nerf guns
- Onsite Family Movie Night at our U.S. Headquarters
- Free onsite fitness classes at our U.S. Headquarters
- Onsite Meetups - making connections with our community