Marketing | Cupertino, CA, United States
SugarCRM enables businesses to create extraordinary customer relationships with the most innovative and affordable CRM solution in the market. Recognized by leading market analysts as a “visionary” company, Sugar is deployed by over 1.4 M individuals in 120 countries and 26 languages.
Sugar is positioned to fully unleash the promise of CRM with our innovative CRM system designed for every individual who engages with customers: sellers, marketers, customer support agents, receptionists, and executives. The company is delivering a completely transformed, individualized CRM user experience that is immersive, engaging, and intuitive. Sugar fuses the straightforward simplicity, mobility, and social aspects of a consumer app with the business process optimization of conventional CRM.
As the Vice President Product Marketing, you will be responsible for shaping marketing strategy for the Sugar product line, developing market insight to refine product definition, positioning and messaging, and driving the outbound marketing efforts. You will be the expert in buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel. You will work with field marketing, campaign, creative and online teams to conceive and develop innovative integrated marketing campaigns that drive demand. You will ensure that the sales team has the tools, assets and training they need to succeed.
Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. You will be extremely hands-on and should be able to effortlessly segue from presenting to thousands of customers at a conference, to creating, collaboratively building, and evaluating the efficacy of messaging, marketing channels, campaigns, and sales assets.
Manage a small team to drive Sugar in the CRM marketplace across all business sizes. Be a thought leader in CRM and business collaboration and evangelize the value of Sugar.
Be the expert on the buyers by market segment, how they buy, and their buying criteria. Be the expert on the competition and how to crush them. Identify opportunities to differentiate in the marketplace, and translate that market intelligence into MRDs.
Ruthlessly prioritize the market demands, and manage the product portfolio editions and pricing to drive adoption.
Support sales efforts and increase adoption and revenue through identification of successful sales strategies, development of sales tools and assets as well as the delivery of impactful training.
Develop, refine and deliver product content for field sales enablement.
Work closely with our sales and partner community to deliver world-class engagement with our customers.
Guide the development of compelling demos to be used in the sales process, at events and in live or online marketing presentations.
Develop the strategy and work closely with Field Marketing to manage the marketing programs that drive demand for Sugar products
Positioning and Messaging
Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates Sugar’s products in the market. Work with corporate marketing team to implement, test and optimize messages and offers across all channels (online, web, events, field and channel sales).
Collaborate with our corporate marketing and creative teams to deliver web content, videos, strategic communications and other marketing assets.
Create engaging presentations for multiple audiences and forums.
Serve as product spokesperson to press and analysts and deliver stage presentations and webinars in a compelling manner at industry and corporate events.
Professional Experience/Skills Required
- 10+ years experience in product marketing in an enterprise software company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3+ years at the Vice President or Senior Director, or equivalent
- CRM Product Marketing experience required
- Very strong communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability in defining, launching and growing innovative products, preferably with familiarity of the cloud/SaaS and CRM space
- Proven track record in crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content
- Strong understanding of demand generation and a track record of owning campaigns and driving success
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence
- High energy, charismatic, innovative, creative
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast paced environment
- Organizational skills to manage competing projects with tight deadlines effectively
- Willing to travel 25%