Web Developer and Designer
Corporate Marketing | Radnor, PA, United States
Web Developer and Designer
Senior Web Developer and Designer
USA – Radnor, PA
FLSA (US Only)
Date of last review:
POSITION SUMMARY (brief description of purpose of the position)
The Web Developer and Designer is responsible for the development and design of major and minor web content for internal Client across Qlik. The developer will design, develop, test and deliver web content and microsites. Enhancements and defect resolution will be required on an ongoing basis. Best practices and design methods will be utilized to ensure the success of the projects.
This candidate must be client-focused and able to prioritize and manage a fluctuating workload that is comprised of combination of both priority and every day run rate activities. Position requires flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines, are key attributes of this individual.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS according to Strategic Business Plan
(primary tasks and responsibilities in the job)
- Operates effectively as a proactive member of the wider web design/development and corporate marketing team.
- Self-Starter: Operates effectively as an individual for quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes.
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality.
- Effectively develops in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format.
- Web maintenance: Update and develop front-end content and design across Qlik web properties.
- Manage the technical support and implementation of web initiatives including front-end development and basic graphic production and creative work.
- Work closely with online marketing team member(s), internal stakeholders on production tasks.
- Trouble-shoot problems.
- Develop and manage internal networks and online resources. Monitors projects from initiation through delivery.
- Manage vendors and outsourcing throughout the project lifecycle.
KEY CHALLENGES IN THIS ROLE (key objectives and focus areas in first 6 – 12 months)
- Globally distributed role with multiple stakeholders
- High volume of incoming requests ranging from simple edits to complex projects.
- Dependent on web systems team for back end programming
- Dependent on web agency for complex Sitecore development
DIMENSIONS SPECIFIC TO THIS ROLE (scope/scale of role)
- Marketing teams (Corporate Marketing, Product Marketing, Partner Marketing, Field Marketing, etc.) and a variety of corporate teams (Services organization, Talent and Culture, Corporate Social Responsibility, etc.)
Revenue/Cost/P&L/ Budget responsibility
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS (list core 8 – 12 core competencies considered key to success in the role and where possible detail expected behaviors against those competencies)
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision, able to 'multi-task' effectively.
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments
- Basic understanding of SEO guidelines and best practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills.
- A collaborative personality, enjoy working in a team-oriented environment
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of web design and development experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis on web design, web development or digital marketing.
- Business-level English mandatory
- Proven web design and development experience.
- Solid understanding of navigation and GUI for maximizing usability/UX.
- Experience with CMS platforms. Knowledge of Sitecore CMS is desired.
- HTML, CSS and video production skills with strong desire to advance these skills further. This includes experience with hand-coding. Some exposure to scripting and more advanced coding. jQuery is a plus.
- Development experience in Salesforce is a plus.
- Graphics creation with Photoshop, Dreamweaver (Adobe Creative Suite), Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Office Suite and Video editing software.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, global, flexible, team oriented, fast pace environment.
Experience (technical, commercial, industry / product / functional expertise, etc.)
Job Requirements (For US – Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance. Please indicate physical and mental effort required to perform the essential functions of the job. Examples include travel requirements, performing complex mathematical calculations, weight lifting requirements etc)
· Travel as required (approximately 10% depending on geography and market needs).