nWay seeks a skilled, positive, and energetic Data Analyst to join the team! The successful candidate will have excellent SQL skills, and enjoy asking and answering the right questions to provide our team with the data and insights to grow our products.
But we are looking for someone not just with the skills, but with a drive to always learn more. Someone to work creatively with our team to not just answer questions, but figure out which questions need asking.
This lead role requires someone with the experience and confidence to start out as a one-person department who can also lay the systems, engineering, and process groundwork to grow an analytics department alongside the growth of the studio.
- Provide reporting and performance monitoring to game studios using multiple data sources, and reporting trends and anomolies.
- Proactively search for ways to optimize our game performance and propose features or changes to test those optimizations.
- Work with feature design teams to design & implement new data collection methods.
- Develop new insights and analyses that inform decisions.
- Help build a set of analytics best practices & tools for future growth.
- Several years experience performing data analysis, preferably for an internet or gaming company.
- Excellent SQL skills: extensive experience querying large, complex data sets
- Familiarity with cloud-based data collection services such as Kontagent or Mixpanel.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- B.S. or B.A. in math, economics, engineering or other technical field required; advanced degrees a plus.
- A gamer outside of work; someone with an intrinsic sense of what makes good and bad game design from a players' perspective.