Engineering | Redwood City, CA, United States
Ever tried to call a cab and they never pick up? Or they take forever to come? Now you can order one in realtime from your phone! Check out the app at flywheel.com or download it for your iPhone or Android smartphone.
We're looking for an innovative, cutting edge candidate with experience in high-demand, low-latency scalable services.
This is a senior level position.
- You’ll help us refactor our code to make it more scalable and dynamic. You will have an influence on the final technologies that we use.
- Your experience helps define best-practices in our team.
- Replace and extend remaining parts of an existing Erlang/.Net system in modern, cutting-edge technologies.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience with geo-location and high-demand, low-latency services.
- Experience withTDD (we aren't religious, but pair on some projects).
- Experience with scalability.
- Experience designing, implementing, and versioning JSON and REST APIs.
- An undergraduate degree in computer science or a related field.
- Experience with geoservices.
- Experience with payment integration, not a server dev.
- Advanced Computer Science degree.
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Stock Options
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Redwood City office location near Caltrain
- Employees take Flywheel for free