Engineering | San Carlos, CA, United States
Position Title: Web Developer
Location: San Carlos, CA
Direct Report Manager: VP Engineering
Type: Full-Time, Exempt
About Education Elements
At Education Elements, we are creating classrooms that inspire teaching and learning. We take a holistic approach to designing and implementing classrooms that carefully marry innovative instructional techniques with powerful technologies. The result is an environment that engages every student across all domains and maximizes the amount and impact of instructional time for teachers, letting teachers do what they do best, teach.
Education Elements is a for-profit, venture-backed startup that delivers complete software and services solutions for K-12 classrooms of all types. Our talented and diverse team spans experienced educators and school administrators, enterprise technology consultants and analysts, and a robust product development team.
To learn more check out our website www.edelements.com and read Disrupting Class by Clayton Christensen and Michael Horn.
About the Role:
Education Elements' vision is to provide an end-to-end user experience through our HLMS platform (Hybrid Learning Management System) for school administrators, teachers, students and eventually parents. We are looking for someone who wants to change the face of education. This enjoys taking the perspective of K12 students, teachers, and administrators to transform our UI designs into awesome looking web pages.
- Collaborate with design and development teams to create engaging web experiences
- Establish and enforce a standards and style guide to be used across the product
- Create prototypes and proofs of concept from brainstorm sessions with designers
- Review system changes prior to releases to ensure styles and implementation match design
- Provide accurate estimates of time and effort required to implement and advise stakeholders on progress
- Ability to convert high fidelity mockups to pixel perfect HTML/CSS
- Deep understanding of cross-browser compatibility and testing tools
- Passion for great UI and UX with extreme attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced, rapid release environment
- JSON objects and data manipulation
- Familiarity with Java and JSP/JSTL
- SVG and js graphing libraries such as D3.js
- Photoshop or similar
- Source Control such as Git or SVN