Detroit Venture Partners is here to help rebuild Detroit through lighting entrepreneurial fire.
Venture investing is a full-contact sport, and we are ready to do whatever it takes to help our portfolio companies
win. We back seed and early stage startup teams with the grit, creativity, and passion to tackle and mold
opportunity. Helping our portfolio companies recruit top talent is one of the things we do.
Right now, at least one of our companies is looking to fill a Marketing Director role with someone who is wildly
talented, remarkably enthusiastic and uniquely passionate about Detroit. If this resonates with you, please read
on and apply!
As a Marketing Director, you can find yourself:
● meeting with other departments to understand the business and how the marketing strategy will
contribute to growth
● designing that strategy and showing company executives and board members how it will contribute to
the growth of the company
● helping to carry out the strategy you set forth; sometimes in partnership with others in the company,
other times as part of your daily responsibilities
● researching the marketing, understanding the competitive landscape and keeping the company ahead
of any industry trends that impact the organization
In order to be successful in this role, we'd expect that you would have:
● experience leading the marketing direction in a company
● proven success in developing campaigns and executing on those campaigns - both by your
contributions and by directing the efforts of others on your team
● a desire to not only set the strategy and participate at the executive level of the organization, but also
carry out the day to day activities which will ensure a successful marketing campaign
● passion for Detroit, start ups and being a part of something really, really cool!