Technical Support | Santa Clara, CA, United States
The Principal Support Engineer is responsible for providing Tier 3 escalation assistance to Infoblox customers and partners. S/he will be the last escalation point for Tier 1 and Tier 2 support engineers before escalating the issue into Sustaining Engineering. Daily activities include responding to escalated cases via phone, email and web, diagnosing/analyzing complex technical problems, and providing root causes summaries and workarounds to customers. Also act as the technical liaison between the Support team and the Sustaining Engineering team.
Our environment includes networking and web technologies such as DNS, DHCP and RADIUS
- Act as the escalation point for tier 1 and tier 2 Infoblox support engineers
- Take over highly visible, critical customer issues and manage - on your own - through to completion
- Troubleshooting complex customer environments and provide root cause analysis as well as workarounds; if needed communicate with Engineering team on potentially encountered defect and follow through with them assuring customer satisfaction.
- Recommend new and existing solutions which involve enhancing application/systems functionality, features and defect repair.
- Share technical knowledge with extended team through ad hoc trainings, coaching, and mentoring sessions
- Share in the team responsibility of on-call rotation ( once every 6 weeks)
- 10-15 years’ experience working in a Technical Support role. We prefer at least 5 years acting as an escalation support engineer
- Proficient knowledge of DNS and DHCP protocols and configuration
- Knowledge on commonly used Internet protocols such as NTP, SNMP, FTP
- Hands-on knowledge with both Unix/Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of authentication protocols such as AD, RADIUS and LDAP
- Solid knowledge in TCP/IP and networking protocols such as: VRRP, OSPF, BGP, TCP/IP
- Cisco or Microsoft certification a plus
- PERL/c++ programming skills
- Knowledge of JIRA , Oracle’s Right Now CRM, a plus
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to diffuse very upset customers.
- Outstanding analytical and organizational ability
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task in a high-pressure, fast-paced, fast growth environment
- Be intuitive and inventive by providing solutions and workarounds for customers.
- Team player. Shares technical information freely and willingly
- Ability to reach the end goal despite obstacles, emotions, and drama