Engineering | Santa Clara, CA, United States
The security architect is responsible for the development and implementation of infrastructure security product portfolio. As a subject matter expert the security architect will be expected to provide technical leadership and design guidance across the Engineering organization, define long-term roadmaps for infrastructure security products.
Skills & Experience
- Monitor current and future trends in infrastructure security technology and influence product and technology direction
- Identify core initiatives in information security and help define and vet product requirements
- Work with Engineers to design solutions to today’s security exposures in Enterprise and Service Provider space
- Work collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams throughout the company as a subject matter expert in information security with solution and implementation focus
- Contribute to and support effort to build intellectual property via patents.
· 15+ years experience in software development with at least 5+ years working with security products and technologies
· Deep understanding of security threats, threat vector analysis and modeling
· Strong technical foundation in information, systems and network security space; familiarity with current trends in security exploits in Enterprise and Service Provider space is required
· Experience with Malware, IDP, Firewalls, etc. is required
· Knowledge of Unix/Linux, C/C++, Object Oriented design and methodology is required.
· Knowledge of networking is required; experience with DNS, DHCP is a strong plus.
· An industry security certification (CISSP, CISM or CISA) is a strong plus
· Full software development life-cycle experience, with proven track record of shipping products
· Results oriented, solid work ethic with excellent attention to detail and quality.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, CE or EE is required.
- Masters in CS, CE, or EE is preferred.