Engineering | San Francisco, CA, United States
Quantcast's Big Data Platform Engineers will have proven interest in, and experience with, big data, petabyte scale data warehouses, distributed systems, availability and reliability of large systems, fault-tolerance, efficiency and performance.
We seek engineers to help build the next generation of our multi-petabyte data transformation and analysis technology.
We are leaders, not followers, in the Big Data space:
A candidate for this position will have proven interest in, and experience with, big data, petabyte scale data warehouses, distributed systems, availability and reliability of large systems, fault-tolerance, efficiency and performance.
We offer you the opportunity to make an impact and grow in a fast paced environment at the bleeding edge of commodity cluster computing. We need your passion, drive, energy and experience with distributed or supercomputing systems.
- Rare R&D environment. Quantcast’s business model relies heavily on big data. This makes for a healthy R&D environment where ideas are driven by and can be validated quickly at scale on realistic workloads. Moreover, we develop the whole cluster software stack, including a high-performance distributed file system, which means you won’t be constrained by arbitrary limitations of third party software.
- Make your mark. Build/grow your personal brand as a Big Data engineer.
- Great timing. We are a fast growing pre-IPO technocracy. It’s a rush, don’t miss it.
- Design and implement Big Data systems such as petabyte scale warehouses, batch and stream processing and analytics runtimes, or large-scale storage.
- Diagnose and produce systems solutions to Big Data problems, such as scalability to thousands of processing units, load balancing or fast analytics on petabytes of data.
- Innovate in the Big Data space. Lead, don’t follow.
- Passionate, self-driven
- Experience working on very large-scale data warehouses, transformation/analytics or storage systems
- Excellent development skills in Java or C++
- Strong software development skills (version control, code review, testing, release, monitoring, debugging)
- Experience implementing MapReduce, distributed systems and programming languages are good to have but not strict requirements
Quantcast is a digital advertising company specialized in audience measurement and real-time advertising. As the pioneer of direct audience measurement in 2006, Quantcast has today the most in-depth understanding of digital audiences across the web, allowing marketers and publishers to make the smartest choices as they buy and sell the most effective targeted advertising on the market. Quantcast is dedicated to making display as relevant and effective as search, and currently delivers outstanding advertising campaigns for the world's leading advertisers and publishers and brings accurate audience measurement to over 100 million web destinations.