Game Programming | Carlsbad, CA
Rockstar San Diego is looking for an energetic programmer to help increase the features and capabilities of our animation technologies.
- Work with others to create our next generation animation system that includes motion-capture, facial animation, parameterized motion, and procedural animation tools and technologies.
- Develop tools and assist in their use by project animation programmers and content creators.
- Maintain and extend the development of our current character/creature animation system.
- Work closely with game project teams to assist in integrating animation technology into games, identifying extensions to that technology, and creating those improvements.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Good 'can do' attitude with a service oriented personality.
- Some experience with game characters and solving animation problems with game development.
- Being versatile and regularly proving a readiness to tackle new challenges.
- Passionate about playing and making games!
- At least 2 years of programming experience with game development.
- Understanding of the interaction between the player, AI, physics and animation.
- Familiarity with inverse kinematics, forward kinematics, animation compression schemes, animation blending and morph targets.
- Ability to independently develop cutting edge animation technology based latest animation research papers.
- Experience with multithreaded/SPU programming.
- At least one shipped console or PC title; preferably on the Xbox 360 and/ or the Playstation 3 console.
- Professional experience on 1 or more character based games.