This may the right tech start up for you...
Infrastructure technology has made the jump to the cloud and we’re right there on the front of the wave that is providing IT, developers and cloud providers with insight, comfort and sanity along the way. At LogicMonitor, we provide hosted monitoring of applications, networks, servers, storage and the cloud.
We love the culture of our company, which intermixes passion for our work and passion for an active life. We are headquartered in Santa Barbara and we need more great people to add to the culture of the company who are passionate about what they do and who they are.
Location, location, location. You'll be working in downtown Santa Barbara in our new digs on Carrillo Street. Our walls are bright, snacks are pleniful, as are the opportunities to do fun things with your co-workers. We often go to the beach on breaks to run, surf, SUP, hike, bike.. if it gets us moving, we're there!
What you'll do...
LogicMonitor Software Engineers specify, design, prototype and implement the industry-leading SaaS-based datacenter monitoring solution. As a part of an agile development team, Engineers develop unit tests for features and components, and troubleshoot related issues that happen in the production environment.
What you'll need....
- BS/MS degree and 3+ years of commercial application development experience
- Expertise in Java or C/C++
- Familiar with OOP/OOD
- Development experience on multiple platforms, preferably Linux
- Strong understanding of web application architectures
- Strong network programming experience
- Strong database/SQL skills
- Script programming skills such as shell or perl
Other things that would help you excel...
- Distributed system development experience
- Performance profiling experience
- Proven ability to excel as major contributor on an Agile development team
- Experience with Open Source alternatives for commercial tools
- SysAdmin experience on UNIX/Linux and Windows
- Datacenter infrastructure technology knowledge and its evolution
Who you are....
- Self-starter with tremendous initiative and work ethic
- Excellent communicator and collaborator with other functional teams (Support Engineering, Tools, Product, etc.).
- Desire to be an impact player at a product-driven company
- Ability to embrace change
- Hard working, someone who takes initiative, with creative and critical thinking abilities
How to Apply...
If you are an ace programmer that genuinely wants to make a difference in the technology industry, we want to hear from you! To be considered for this great opportunity, please send us a resume and cover letter explaining to us why you are the best candidate we could ever find and how you fit against the qualifications and requirements described above. And, we're not kidding about needing a cover letter! We need to hear your voice, your perspective on why this career opportunity is a good match for you. We are passionate about finding the right individual for each and every position, so thanks for taking the extra time to convey your message!