Engineering- Development | Mountain View, CA, United States
- Provide architectural leadership and strategy for management products.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach. Be a hands-on technical leader and contributor.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and adapt to new technologies.
- Work closely with engineering and product management teams to define requirements and improvements.
- Mentoring and development of new engineers
- 8+ years experience in Software development
- 3+ years as an architect
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related degree.
· Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, mathematics or similar field.
· 8+ years of development experience with a strong focus on web based systems, server side Java development, persistence and multi-threaded programming.
· Knowledge of OOP principles and practices (UML experience is a plus)
· Outstanding skills as a Java developer
· Strong knowledge of relational database technologies. Has worked with at least one of the Java Persistence and ORM Technologies (JDBC, Hibernate, NoSQL DBs)
· Prior experience of using APIs and developing APIs of different kinds including SOAP and REST (Desired)
· Exposure to Virtualization and Storage Technologies (Desired)
· Prior experience in Storage, Network, and/or System Management is a plus
· Experience working with build, testing, and integration tools (e.g. JUNIT, ANT, Maven, Hudson). Familiarity with Linux and scripting/data manipulation tools (sh, perl, python) is a plus
· Excellent verbal, written, and communications skills is a must
· Ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and have a flexible, positive attitude
· Must be team-oriented, with an interest and willingness to help the team as a whole
· Ability to complete tasks with minimal direct supervision