Analytics & Marketing Services | Birmingham, AL, United States
It is the primary responsibility of the Data & BI Systems Analyst to support MEDSEEK's efforts in health care analytics, data/information modeling, and development of enterprise analytics systems/portals.
Primary role of the Data & BI Systems Analyst is to develop analytic-data sets and information delivery tools (Dashboards, Portals, Applications) to help improve current Predict processes and analytics execution. This is a hands-on role that requires knowledge of database/data warehouse schema designs, and expertise in data modeling, ETL processes and BI analytic software tools.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MEDSEEK policies, practices, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Information/Data Models: (60%)
BI and Analytics Execution: (40%)
- Develop, test, and deliver database/information models required to support various analytics and marketing processes. This requires specialized information management skills and domain knowledge, including ROLAP/HOLAP data models, Cubes, and systems such as SAS, Spotfire, and SQL Server.
- Build and maintain data ETL and delivery processes that will provide both scheduled and real-time updates of modeled and derived data that support analytics projects.
- Create customized data management tools, processes, and reports with a team of analysts and technologists.
- Investigate data quality and query performance issues, troubleshoot, and ensure optimal performance. Evaluate and recommend new database processes and procedures.
- Support ongoing data replication and ETL processes (in SQL Server, Teradata, SAS, and enhance design and implementation activities pertaining to data warehousing and analytics.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Identify and understand evolving data systems, and assist in development of a comprehensive Healthcare Data Warehouse
- Assess and anticipate analytic/data requirements for client projects, and propose/design technical solutions to meet them.
- Create BI and self-help online analytic solution designs, and assist in implementation of enterprise analytics portals and related software systems
- Assist in systematic testing and validation of analytic solutions.
- Utilize project management, analytical expertise and communication skills to lead high-impact projects that improve marketing performance and analytics adoption.
- Develop and maintain a strong and productive relationship with a globally distributed team.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in one of the following: Computer Science, MIS or related field or comparable work experience required.
- 2-4 years of experience with SQL Server or Teradata databases and related tools.
- Experience in building OLAP Cubes and multi-dimensional schemas is preferred.
- Must be technically literate with some programming (VB, C#) and software tools design knowledge.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- SQL Server and SAS Certifications preferred
- Experience in developing SSRS and Spotfire Dashboards preferred
- Strong understanding of relational design/development & database concepts (preferably SQL Server and Teradata)
- Demonstrated expertise in database ETL tools and processes (e.g., SSIS, BITEQ).
- Experience writing SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Must have ability to plan, organize, and execute multiple projects with timeliness and accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Project is required.
- Periodic travel of 20% or more may be required as business needs dictate.
- Ability to work with India team through remote collaboration is required.
- Management and critical thinking skills
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation, analytical, and organizational skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts and executive levels of the organization
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
MEDSEEK is the industry’s only provider of the optimal 360-degree online healthcare experience. MEDSEEK builds software that helps hospitals and health systems virtually influence prospects and patients before and after the clinical encounter.
We envision a state where people leverage technology as a vital, fundamental and seamlessly integrated health tool, empowering them to live longer, healthier lives.
“Hospitals and health systems continue to see MEDSEEK’s solutions as the key to leveraging existing IT investments to meet and exceed the requirements for Meaningful Use,” said Peter Kuhn, our CEO.
We have a strong presence in 43 U.S. states and several provinces in Canada; serving more than 250 clients, representing 1,100 hospitals. Additionally, we have been ranked on the Healthcare Informatics Top 100 list for six straight years, are a Five-Time Inc. 500/5000 Honoree and ranked as a PHR Technology leader by Frost & Sullivan.
MEDSEEK offers a comprehensive benefits package to include company-paid medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance for employees along with paid holidays, 401(k) plan with company match, and generous paid time off. In addition, MEDSEEK offers competitive salaries and a creative, innovative, collaborative work environment that includes quarterly town hall meetings run by employee advocates where we get access to talk with our Executive team.
Join the MEDSEEK team and experience a rewarding role in transforming healthcare