Go Back Software Engineer, Game Server
At DeNA our goal is to make the best mobile social games in the world and our game servers are central to that goal. Simply put, we're looking for talented and driven server engineers who are interested in building highly scalable game servers for hit titles. Our game server engineers build software that juggles the needs of a massive user population.
The server engineers we're looking for have a passion for building scalable, performant, maintainable, and beautiful code in a variety of programming languages in a production environment. Our engineers take games from concept to live deployment and play a key role at every stage.
As a member of the engineering team at DeNA your responsibilities will include:
- Working with a small team of engineers, artists and producers to build compelling mobile video games of consequence
- Bringing game features to life from the concept stage to live deployment
- Broad technical ownership and oversight of the service portion of one or more of our games
- Constant testing, monitoring and tuning to keep our game services performant and available
- Contribute ideas and technology to a community of like-minded engineers
What we're looking for:
- At least 3 years experience in the game industry
- Shipped at least 2 commercial titles (Mobile, Console, or PC)
- A deep understanding and passion for computers and computer programming
- Extensive knowledge of databases of all kinds, with different ways of hooking them up to applications, and with database tools
- A strong understanding of computer networking and proven experience working with live distributed applications
- A strong foundation in Unix/Linux including the ability to diagnose and solve common problems
- Familiarity with the challenges involved in scaling applications from a single machine to a large deployment
- A commitment to writing testable code and accompanying tests
Nice to have:
- Experience with NoSQL databases (we use MongoDB and others)
- Experience working with virtualized computing environments like Amazon’s AWS
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of DeNA West are considered property of DeNA West and are not subject to payment of agency fees.