Main purpose of position:
- We are looking for a candidate with software development knowledge to help us build new and enhance/maintain/support existing services.
- We are working on real-time on-line systems. Millions of transactions per day – anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
- You thrive when working on challenging problems. You want to learn as much as possible, as quickly as possible, all the while solving large problems.
- You want to be proud describing the types of problems you’re working on.
- Additional projects and duties may be assigned as required.
Key position responsibilities/objectives:
Description of task / duty
- Design and development of backend applications. Knowledge of Perl, Python or Ruby are assets
- Unit testing and integration testing
- Production support activities including troubleshooting and resolving problems
- Additional responsibilities as required
Knowledge, skills & abilities (list specific experience and skills, number of years experience and unique abilities required for this job)
- Experience with client/server side application development on Unix/Linux platform or LAMP stack
- Experience in objected oriented design and development
- Knowledge of popular design/development patterns is a bonus
- Some knowledge of, or familiarity with version control systems
Education (include Professional Certifications / Designations)
- College or University degree in a related field is an asset but not a requirement.
Interpersonal skills (list soft skills required for this role)
- Good overall communication skills (verbal and written)
- Positive and constructive attitude
- Demonstrated team player
- Responsible and accountable
Special Requirements (list special requirements of position, i.e.: overtime hours, rotating or alternating shifts, on call duties, travel requirements)
- Very occasionally, if code deployment goes wrong, staying overtime may be required