If you’re an ambitious Systems Engineer who thrives on getting challenging, real-world problems solved with a smart and motivated team, you want to work at Mirantis.
- Plan and deploy OpenStack computing clouds for our customers.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to the customers during deployment projects.
- Work with the Mirantis back-end teams to resolve issues and improve our processes.
- Contribute to Mirantis’ deployment knowledge base.
- Integrate and implement supporting technologies such as open source monitoring tools.
- Execute orderly handoff to Mirantis’ support team at end of projects.
- Solid Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of networking technologies and protocols.
- Excellent understanding of Linux networking stack and tools.
- Working experience with configuration management frameworks (e.g., Puppet, Chef).
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms (KVM/XEN/LXC/VMWare) and understanding of the pros and cons of different types of virtualization.
- Extensive scripting experience (e.g., Shell, Python, Perl).
- Working experience with OpenStack and/or CloudStack, VMWare vDirector or other cloud management frameworks (deployment, configuration, operations).
- Experience with orchestration frameworks for cluster management (SaltStack, mCollective)
- Knowledge of open-source storage solutions and distributed file systems.
- Experience working with Linux HA stack: pacemaker, corosync, keepalived
- Good understanding of network gear and ability to configure switches and routers from different manufacturers
- Good understanding of server hardware and experience deploying and configuring servers include IPMI/DRAC/ILO, Bios, Raid, etc.
What We Offer
- Work in Silicon Valley with the established leader in OpenStack solutions.
- Partner with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues.
- Implement cloud solutions for some of the best known brands in the industry for use in mission critical applications.
- High-energy atmosphere of a young company, competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan and stock options.
- Environment that fosters creativity and personal growth.