Engineering | San Francisco or Seattle, United States
Senior Software Engineer - Front End Position Overview
Do you want to help improve the lives of farmers and help protect our country’s food supply? Are you motivated by solving hard problems with real-world impact? We are looking for experienced Front End engineers to help build our next generation products and services.
What you will do:
What you bring to the table:
- Become a core contributor to one of our farmer-facing application teams - Climate Basic, Climate Pro or Climate Crop Insurance.
- Build out new customer facing features using d3, backbone, and other modern front-end frameworks and technologies
- Employ test-driven development, rapid release schedules, and continuous integration
- Collaborate with Climatologist, Scientist, Mathematicians, and User Experience experts to craft an experience that will change the face of farming
- Passion for developing high quality code
- Strong interest in taking ownership - you can develop, test and deploy, all by yourself
- Strong desire in learning new technologies - you love staying up to date with the latest bleeding-edge tools and technology
- You will be part of a small, agile team that plays a crucial role in shaping the customer-facing portions of our products
- You will be visualizing the impact of weather and integrating a rich and interactive UI with petabytes of weather data and simulations
- Must possess knowledge of modern web technologies, optimization strategies, and web application architecture
- Must have a passion for clean, modular, and testable code that adheres to DRY principles
- Open source contributions a plus
- Should have some familiarity with back-end web server technologies, such as J2EE, Rails, Django, Sinatra, or Ring
See our video about what it’s like to work at The Climate Corporation
What We Offer:
Our team is composed of some of the most brilliant interdisciplinary minds in the industry. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible product and experience for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Meals and a large assortment of snacks, drinks, fruits, coffees, and teas to help you get through the day
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Opportunities to explore personally compelling topics by occasionally taking time to work on independent projects and contributing the results back to the open source community.
- We sponsor hackathons, meetup groups, networking events, tech-talks, and conference trips. If you want to get involved in the tech community, we'll support your efforts
- Encouragement to better understand our customers by getting out of the office and hearing firsthand from the agents and farmers our products serve
- Exciting world-changing opportunity - we are solving problems that have a massive impact on the world
- 401k matching program
- Gym membership discounts
The Climate Corporation’s mission is to help all the world’s people and businesses manage and adapt to climate change. To achieve our mission, we have built a unique technology platform to enable, for the first time, the real-time pricing and purchasing of customizable weather insurance. Managing over 200 TB of data, including 34 trillion+ weather simulation data points, 150 billion soil type observations, and more than 3 million daily weather measurements, we are one of the largest users of Amazon Web Services.
The Climate Corporation is focused on helping farmers protect and increase their profits in the face of increasingly extreme weather. At the heart of the company is our unique Climate Insights™ technology platform, which encompasses our core competencies across weather monitoring, agronomic modeling, and weather simulation. This platform powers the company’s portfolio of technology-based products and services, which are revolutionizing agricultural risk management and farm management.
At The Climate Corporation, leaving a mark on the world is in our DNA; we want to make a lasting and meaningful real-world impact. We relish big problems because they are the most interesting to tackle, the most rewarding, and typically, the most valuable to solve. We also thrive on finding the possible in the impossible. If you are the best at what you do, like solving interesting problems, and are looking for like-minded people dedicated to having a major impact on the world, we are eager to speak with you.