You haven’t met a number you didn’t like. You are highly analytical and can synthesize information and data to formulate a big picture that will result in exceptional customer experiences. Put your entrepreneurial spirit to work at BuildDirect, the only ecommerce provider disrupting the building materials industry by bridging the gap between manufacturer and end-user.
The Inventory Analyst is responsible for building fact based, data driven tactical inventory plans to better meet the needs of our customers and to optimize financial performance. Reporting to the Manager of Inventory Replenishment, the Inventory Analyst will develop inventory business plans, within the context of the overall inventory strategy, including assortment location planning, procurement and vendor inventory replenishment.
- Gather and analyzes internal demand, sales and inventory information to formulate strategies and tactics within the context of the overall inventory strategy. Develop forecasts, replenishment schedules on behalf of the company, while ensuring requirements are understood and met by each vendor.
- Develop and maintain positive vendor relations while adhering to the company's ethical business standards.
- Develop and manage detailed Inventory plans inclusive of financial performance goals of sales, gross margin and inventory productivity.
- Determine and create inventory requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Work with the Category Management, Operations, and Sales teams to ensure inventory planning programs are executed and operating effectively.
- Provide assistance to Operations team in resolving inventory related issues
- Meet financial and inventory targets and objectives
- Develop inventory replenishment business plans for assigned categories which are aligned with the overall inventory replenishment strategy
- Develop an in-depth understanding of vendors and suppliers, and how inventory works with marketing, supply and logistics, and sales & operations within the value chain
- Develop an understanding of the relationships between sales and inventory data
- Establish strong relationships with the Category Management and Operations teams
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years related inventory management experience.
- Post-secondary education in management, supply chain, or a related field such as economics or mathematics
- Proven commitment to internal and external customer service
- Well-developed influencing skills and the ability to use data and analytics to gain buy-in for decisions
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Highly analytic, possessing a high degree of accuracy with details and numbers.
- Results oriented and the ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency and orientation to deadlines
- High levels of integrity and a commitment to do what you say you are going to do
- A desire to learn and continuously improve
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills