Information Technology | Arlington, VA, United States
The Helpdesk Associate will assist in the installation, maintenance, and general support of all IT systems responding to users requests (telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support) and resolving problems in a timely and professional manner. This person will also help perform system backups and recovery and install new software; and document, track, and monitor problems to ensure a timely and effective resolution. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected for more effective problem resolution. The Helpdesk Associate reports to the Senior IT Manager and will work closely with external consultants who manage the servers and provide user support.
The IT Associate will exercise independent judgment regarding the following areas of significance:
Help Desk/Asset Management
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard Rare policies and procedures.
- Monitoring distributed file sharing system (DFS) on a weekly basis
- Support User moves, adds and changes
- Monitor daily Server Backups
- Ensure that new staff are setup in accordance with the IT department SLA
- Prepare computers for staff upgrades
- Compile weekly network status reports
- Interacts with internal clients on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides answers in a manner that meets the department’s Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Ensures that company assets are properly maintained.
Telephone and mobile device support
- Support the Arlington VOIP phone system. Assist in moves, adds and changes
- Provide support for mobile devices, both company assets or employee person phone.
A minimum of 3+ year professional IT experience in an office environment
Rare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
- A solid understanding of networking and system administration, IT strategies, goals and procedures with a focus on process improvement is also essential
- Proven ability to provide high levels of customer support to all users
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, positive attitude, collaborative approach to problem solving are also essential
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelors degree; Computer Science or related degree preferable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required, Office 365 experience a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server and client products and general networking protocols, DFS a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Sonicwall firewalls and VPN a strong plus
- Knowledge of Apple Mac OS X client and server a strong plus
- Knowledge of ITIL a plus
- Foreign language skills are a plus.