Information Technology | Arlington, VA, United States
The Associate, IT Helpdesk provides a high level of customer support while assisting with in the installation, maintenance, and general support of all IT systems responding to customer’s requests (telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support) and resolving customer related problems. S/he will also help perform system backups and recovery and install new software; and document, track, and monitor problems to ensure a timely and effective resolution. This position requires someone with a creative and solution oriented approach to ensure effective problem resolution. The Associate, IT Helpdesk will also work closely with external consultants who manage the servers and provide user support.
The successful candidate will be someone who continually seeks opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships. S/he exercises independent judgment and responds to customer requests in a timely, engaging and professional manner. Overall duties include but are not limited to:
- Daily interaction with internal clients at all levels of the organization including regional offices to help resolve IT-related issues and answer questions providing a high level of customer satisfaction;
- Provide support for new hire set up to ensure completion in a timely manner and deliver new employee training on systems and equipment; assist with moves, staff equipment upgrades and changes as needed;
- Technical support for Rare’s assigned mobile devices and the employee’s personal phones;
- Monitor server backups and distributed file sharing system (DFS) on a weekly basis;
- Maintain compliance with Rare’s IT policies and procedures.
This position requires a minimum of 3+ years of professional IT Helpdesk experience in an office environment along with a solid understanding of networking and system administration, IT strategies, goals and procedures with a focus on process improvement, exceptional interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, collaborative approach to problem solving and excellent customer service.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office required, Office 365, SonicWALL firewalls and VPN, Apple Mac OS X client and server;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Server and client products and general networking protocols, DFS, and ITIL;
Rare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a cross-cultural staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment;
- A background working in an international organization highly preferred;
- Capability of managing multiple projects simultaneously which includes excellent planning, time management, communication, decision making, organization, and interpersonal skills;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree highly preferred; advance degree a plus;
- Exceptional English verbal and written communication skills a must; and the ability to communicate in a second language is a plus.