Business Intelligence Analyst - Palo Alto
BI | Palo Alto, CA
Business Intelligence Analyst
Palo Alto, CA
About CRITEO [CRTO]
Criteo is a leading global technology company that specializes in performance display advertising, working with over 4,000 ecommerce companies around the world. Criteo has over 700 employees in offices across the U.S., Europe and Asia serving more than 35 countries. For more information, please visit http://www.criteo.com
The Business Intelligence Analyst is a key player in understanding every aspect of Criteo’s complex business. This role interfaces across the organization to answer challenging analytical questions related to the performance of Criteo’s marketing solutions. The position involves both technically rigorous work, including the use leading-edge data analysis technologies, along with frequent interaction with other cross-functional business units. The role will provide the candidate with an exceptionally broad view of every aspect of Criteo’s business and serve as a key member of our client-facing BI team.
Criteo’s high-growth business model brings both opportunities and challenges. This position involves dealing with a considerable amount of unstructured, real-world data and requires a candidate who is comfortable thinking about new ways to analyze data and solve problems. The ideal candidate can function with minimal oversight and has a strong ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Create, maintain and own regular reports in support of Account Management, Sales, and Business Development teams
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses as appropriate, including in-depth, data-driven reviews of Criteo’s performance for specific clients
- Determine opportunities for automation using Tableau Server and other technologies
- Maintain deep knowledge of Criteo products, technologies, and position in the marketplace
- Develop understanding of Criteo buying methods, including direct and programmatic (real-time bidding) relationships
- Analyze revenue, margin, CTR, conversion rates and other financial metrics related to Criteo clients and publishers
- Test and analyze new Criteo products and improvements to core Criteo technology
- Present results as appropriate throughout the organization and to Criteo clients
- Create and deliver client-facing analysis, including calls and in-person presentations
- Manage controlled AB tests from design, to execution, to analysis and presentation of results
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, etc.)
- 1-year full time work experience preferred
- Knowledge of SQL, Excel, and Pivot Tables
- Conceptual and practical understandings of relational databases, join types, and group by clauses a plus
- Basic understanding of internet advertising technology a plus (tagging, cookies, trafficking)
- Strong ability to fill in any gaps in current understanding of digital marketing concepts (CPC, CTR, ROAS)
- Background in any of the following helpful: SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), BI Tools (Tableau, Cognos, QlikView, Spotfire, etc.), other programming languages, statistical analysis tools (R, SPSS, SAS, STATA)
- Strong intellectual curiosity and ability to structure and solve difficult problems with minimal supervision.
- Native-level English fluency and the ability to present results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to present and defend complex analysis both internally and externally
- Must have the combination of technical skills, passion for learning, and an outgoing personality able to deal with strong characters and an often-changing environment
Criteo, the global leader in scalable personalized retargeting solutions, is growing their U.S. Operation and looking for aggressive and motivated professionals with varying levels of experience to be an integral part of our continued success.
*Criteo is an equal opportunity employer.
« Back to Openings