Principal Software Engineer / Architect - Web Services & Platform
- Design and Implement Cyanogen’s distributed web services platform that will power 50M+ users’
- Ground floor opportunity on a world-class engineering team based out of Palo Alto or Seattle
- Start the team that will permanently change the Android landscape
Cyanogen Inc., founded to support and expand CyanogenMod, is growing! The time has come for your mobile device to truly be yours again and we're building the products and services to make it happen.
Our Platform team will design and build the backend web services that deliver key new functionality to CyanogenMod users. We're working at massive scales (already exceeding 50M users) and our aim to is build a platform that will support a truly global, mass-market user-base. These systems will deliver the magic that Cyanogen Inc is using to bring openness, security and choice to the Android landscape in a big way.
As a key member of the Platform team you will:
- Design and Build the scalable, distributed systems that power our mass-market mobile services
- Implement a new backend platform that will both serve CyanogenMod users, and consume web services from Tier-1 providers
- Lead the technology decisions that will allow us to reach truly global scales
- Manage the integration of external services into our platform
To be successful in the role, you should have:
- 10+ years of engineering experience with a focus on SOA environments, SaaS, distributed systems, cloud services or API-driven platforms.
- Hands-on experience developing large-scale, distributed platforms for millions of active users
- Successfully delivered a 'cloud' or distributed platform at scale
- Expert-level development skills in 1 or more modern OO languages (such as Java or Ruby)
- Experience as a tech lead and mentor to other engineers
- Experience working with data-driven mobile applications would be a bonus
- A Computer Science or related degree
We're looking for the engineers that will design and implement a ground-breaking service that will seriously impact the consumer mobile landscape. If you have a passion for open source and innovation, can demonstrate strong skills and a great attitude, we want to speak with you!
Cyanogen Inc. was founded to support and expand on CyanogenMod - the enhanced Open Source Android distribution already supporting 12 million active users and 200+ handsets.
We believe in security, choice and openness - and are working to make your Android device truly yours again. Our goal has always been to create the best possible mobile experience.Together, through company and community, open source and innovation, we will build something unique.
Having closed Series B financing with our new partners at Andreessen Horowitz and Tencent, as well as continued participation from Benchmark and Redpoint, we continue to invest in the community. On the cusp of substantial growth we have exciting engineering opportunities at all levels and are building the teams that will help us take our vision to the world.