Business Admin Intern
Finance | Toronto, Ontario
Who we are..
TeamBuy was first launched in 2009 as Canada’s first daily deal website. Since then the company has emerged into a broader destination site that offers hundreds of deals on local services, products, travel packages and more. In less than 4 years, TeamBuy has grown to 3.5 million members (1 in 10 Canadians!), including a presence in the US, making it the largest online deal site in Canada – one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce companies in the country.
TeamBuy appeared on CBC's #1 Reality TV Show, Dragons Den in front of 2 million viewers. The business is backed by Insight Venture Partners (Investors in Twitter), Ru-Net (Investors in Yandex and Fab), and Georgian Partners (Investors in Shopify) among others.
In short, we're a creative and energetic venture-backed company that is setting out to reshape the way Canadians shop, save, and explore. The Company has over 120 employees, and we are looking to quickly grow our team by hiring exciting and motivated talent across every department.
Join the movement! Key Attributes
Successful Teambuy employees are driven young professionals who strive to excel in both work and life. They possess:
- A high level of drive, determination, self-confidence and an unmatched work ethic
- Self-motivation and is someone who is goal-oriented
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and resources
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written
- They care about the success of their customers' business as much as their own
- Provide assistance with work or projects for the management team in relation to and support of the Company
- Distribute management reports and provide analysis as requested
- Act as a support to the Company and the team as a whole, providing additional assistance where needed
- Act as the initial point of contact for executive management by responding to inquiries and requests for information
- Respond to requests for meetings or appointments with the executive management team
- Provide clerical support: input/update/revise correspondence and material of confidential nature
- Assist in the development and dissemination of business related information to external parties including businesses, partners, and employees
- Assist in organizing all things relevant to business meetings and business travel arrangements
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the department as directed by executive management
This is a full-time unpaid internship. Monthly transportation stipend will be provided.
- A degree or enrolment in a Business Administration program at the College/University level is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Candidate must also have some understanding of finances in relation to the business
- Understands all aspects of the business and industry
- Retain a positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team