Other | Cleveland, United States
Position: Vice President of Channels & Alliances
TOA Technologies is the leading provider of cloud-based mobile workforce management and customer appointment management applications for both midsize and large enterprises. TOA’s patented platform and processes dramatically improve customer service while reducing operational costs and providing immediate return on investment. As the industry's only solution using predictive, time-based analytics and performance pattern recognition, TOA’s ETAdirect reduces customer wait times and increases field and back-office workforce efficiency. TOA (“Time of Arrival”) automates communications across multiple channels to proactively keep customers apprised of their appointment status. TOA delivers unparalleled cost savings by providing on-demand tools for real-time planning, routing, dispatching and tracking of workers in the field. TOA's system deploys quickly, is highly configurable and is easily integrated with existing CRM and other host systems.
TOA Technologies has been recognized by Gartner analysts as a Leader and Visionary company for the past eight years running. This is based on our company’s completeness of vision, diverse industry success, 100% successful delivery record across a global tier-1 customer base and unparalleled performance (99.996% uptime for the trailing 24 months). The innovative nature of our ETAdirect software service has been recognized by customers, analysts and investors because of its ability to streamline the mobile workforce environment and enhance the customer experience. No other mobile workforce management solution in the market enables real-time predictive communications between companies, their field employees, and their customers.
By offering a best-of-breed solution for mobile workforce management that is focused on customer care, TOA provides companies worldwide with a robust, modular platform for enhanced service and goods delivery. TOA’s natively integrated products and web-based delivery model allow clients to immediately reap benefits from reduced costs, increased revenue generation capacity and improved customer satisfaction. TOA focuses on the most valuable asset every company has – its customers – by vastly enhancing the customer experience through predictive technology.
TOA's mobile workforce management solution is deployed at leading companies worldwide in a range of industries, including Cable and Broadband, Telecommunications, Retail, Utilities, Business and Home Services.
TOA Technologies is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, with offices in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and throughout Latin America.
Vice President of Channels & Alliances Job Description
We're seeking a veteran sales and alliances leader with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to build a great department to lead the effort in establishing tier one partnerships and alliances with third party sales channels with the primary target of increasing sales for TOA Technologies. The Vice President, Channel Partners and Alliances will be responsible for the strategic selection and securing of partnerships for TOA Technologies. As a member of the executive team, this individual will play a key role in identifying, evaluating, and integrating key reseller, consulting, technology, and supplier relationships into TOA’s “go to market” strategy. This person must have channel management experience and the ability to build and lead this important function. The successful candidate must have a background in the software applications industry, preferably with some experience and exposure to the Software-as-a-Service model. Packaging the company’s product to partner with the products of tier-one third party providers such as Accenture, IBM, HP, Dell, Xerox, SAP, Oracle, etc. will be the primary goal for this position. This person will report directly to the CEO.
- Identifying and evaluating potential partners, channels and alliances for marketing agreements, re-seller relationships, and/or co-promotion relationships. These may include relationships with Accenture, IBM, HP, Dell, Xerox, SAP, Oracle, etc.
- Analyzing and assessing the viability and potential profitability of all TOA Technology partnerships and alliances.
- Researching the strengths and weaknesses of potential partners and market allies.
- Preparing assessments and financial analysis of strategic partnership opportunities highlighting market position, profitability, business issues, and key success factors.
- Developing and executing co-marketing and master agreements that define the parameters of partnerships and alliances, as well as direct the tactical execution.
- Providing timely updates to the executive team on the milestones associated with each initiative.
- Directing and managing the executive relationship and go to market strategy with partners and alliances.
- Working with sales and marketing teams to effectively develop and manage business partner projects and programs.
- Eventually building and managing a team of direct reports responsible for the day-to-day management and well-being of partnerships.
- Serving as a thought leader for the organization – representing TOA Technologies at industry associated conferences, to analysts, and to industry publications.
The person that we seek must be a well-balanced sales executive with sound, common-sense judgment and strategic insight evidenced by a demonstrable track record of building partnerships and relationships for previous employer(s). This person must be a dynamic leader who possesses natural relationship building skills and an innate sales mentality to be an effective and powerful sales and marketing professional. This person will need to know how to execute on a strategy and possess the characteristics to build and inspire a channels organization.
- Minimum of 10 years of channel sales experience in a leadership role, managing a channel sales or alliance organization.
- A successful track record of building relationships with third party providers and channel sales organizations.
- A history of success working in both US and International markets.
- A broad technology and software knowledge and experience with the Software-as-a-Service model.
- Prior industry experience in the telecom or cable industry preferred; prior domain experience with workforce management, scheduling, CRM, billing, OSS, or BSS software a plus.
- Experience and success in entrepreneurial ventures and rapidly growing companies. This person must be a self-starter and be self-motivated; driven to exceed established goals.
- Strong record of driving business results through effective sales strategy and execution of the channel plans.
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, rush to market, dynamic, rapidly growing business.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate the corporate strategy to the sales team and external partners.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Exceptional presentation skills and competency in market research, analysis of competitive and industry data, and understands customer needs / forecasting trends.
- Understanding the business – knows the software industry and believes in the software-as-a-service model. Knows how strategic partnerships and alliances work for software companies and third party providers and has the technical and functional skills to build these types of strong relationships.
- Subject matter expertise – understands software applications and has knowledge of workforce management, CRM, billing, OSS, BSS, and/or scheduling software applications.
- Creating the new and different – Is able to work with other executives to launch this innovative and game changing technology. This person must have long term vision, be creative, and be passionate and enthusiastic about building a great company.
- Getting work done through others – Manages people well, assesses and recruits talented individuals; gets the most out of the people he/she has; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; delegates and develops; keeps people informed; provides coaching for today and the future.
- Being organizationally savvy – maneuvers well to get things done; can roll up sleeves and dig in to make sales happen; is resourceful and knows where to go to get what he/she needs; politically aware and agile; knows what the right thing to do is; presents views and arguments well.
- Communicating effectively – writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
- Managing relationships – works very well with and respects the other founding executives; has little ego in building this company; open to differences; effective up, down, sideways, inside, and outside; builds diverse networks; quick to find common ground; treats differences fairly and equitably; treats everyone as a preferred customer.
- Inspiring others – is skilled at getting individuals, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done; inspires others; builds motivated, high-performing teams; understands what motivates different people.
We're seeking an:
- Authentic individual with impeccable integrity, whose personal and professional values are consistent with TOA's mission, vision and leadership framework.
- Egoless style: someone who puts the interests of the broader team and the organization’s goals ahead of their own personal agenda.
- Confident, well prepared leader with the courage to advance the goals of the organization at the senior level.
- Collaborative facilitator, who develops relationships and loyalty with his/her colleagues across all business functions and levels.
- Team oriented consensus builder who understands how to achieve buy-in from diverse constituencies, building bridges and designing “win-win” solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to partner and build relationships with executive leadership, managers and all levels of coworkers.
- Strong work ethic. Pride in work. Raises performance levels of others.
- Knows how to keep messages tuned to right levels, whether with executives or more junior coworkers.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data.
- Inspirational coach, leader, colleague and culture champion within the company.
- Strong customer service mind set.
An undergraduate degree is required; a Master’s degree in a related field or MBA would be beneficial.
Open. Preference is for this person to be based in Cleveland, Ohio.