Computers/Software | San Francisco, CA, United States
Manage.com is the leading real-time bidding, data-driven Mobile Ad-Tech startup based out of San Francisco and London. In a crowded mobile ecosystem, we've developed a laser-focus on doing one thing really well: Real-Time Bidding using data and algorithms to help our clients grow. We provide fully-managed user acquisition, revenue optimization, and data management services for leading mobile gaming companies and Fortune 500 brands. Employing proprietary algorithms, big data and high-performance architecture, we reach hundreds of millions of users per month in one of the fastest growing sectors today, mobile advertising. We're a small, agile team with veteran entrepreneurs having multiple successes under their belts. Visit our offices in the heart of SOMA, San Francisco or SOHO Square, London and you'll find a unanimous passion for doing things better with data, algorithms, and machine learning to help our customers become successful. We're looking for smart, team players who can get things DONE. If you're a natural leader looking to become part of a quickly growing team and you thrive in an accelerated, cutting-edge work environment, we’d like to talk to you. We are only seeking hungry individuals who would like to be one of the early members of a very successful company.
As a VP of Engineering your responsibilities will include:
- Align a mostly onsite development team around common vision, architecture and execution
- Manage all aspects of multiple project lifecycles including requirements gathering, functional specification, design, development, QA and maintenance.
- Implementation and code reviews – this is a hands-on role and we’re looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves and lead developers by example.
- Recruit, train, build, manage and mentor a team of world-class developers
- Balance speed versus perfection in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Deliver quality, on-time releases
- Continually improve corporate agile development methods, ensuring value is delivered early and often to our internal and external customers.
- Ensure easily maintainable code by creating and enforcing technical standards
- Working tightly with product management to develop and evolve the product roadmap.
- Empower team members to achieve their personal best and challenge themselves.
- Taking ownership of your team and its output, constantly looking for ways to improve the product.
- Protect our Company’s information and that of our customers
Who we’re looking for:
- A natural leader who is smart and can get things done in a startup environment. Can-do, roll up your sleeves attitude.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycles and implementing Agile methodologies
- A strong track record of successfully delivering both complex and trivial software products.
- Thought leaders who know how to engage with customers, staff and key stakeholders
- Knowledge of enterprise applications running in both dedicated, cloud-based and hybrid environments
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and an excellent oral and written communicator
- Strong understanding of performance and stability
- Strong algorithmic design, data modeling and data processing techniques.
- 8-10 years leading web and/or enterprise development teams
- 5-10 years experience developing in PHP, Perl, Python, C, C++, or Java
- 5-10 years of MySQL or other RDBMS
- 6-10 years of Linux environments.
- 5-10 years of various source control such as SVN or Git
- Passion for building high-quality software both for work and for fun.
- Hadoop and Big data experience.
- iOS and Android mobile development experience.
- Masters/PhD in Engineering, or related field.
- Competitive salary, stock options and bonus program participation.
- Stock options
- Participation in Company Bonus Program
- Employer paid Medical Plan
- Stocked Kitchen
- Generous Holiday Schedule and PTO
- Company Sponsored Events