Information Technology | Portland, OR or Seattle, WA, United States
Making a World of Difference -At Ecova, we believe each individual, no matter the role, can make a difference for our clients, the environment and for themselves. Ecova is built on a strong foundation of integrity, community, leadership, persistence and urgency.
Our highest goal is to be the market leading, trusted advisor to organizations driven to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve environmental performance. Our focus is to grow results on saving resources for our clients – from utilities to facilities. We apply data-driven insights – from demand to impact – to target inefficiencies and See More, Save More and Sustain More for our clients.
We strive to deliver results and innovation through efforts of our unparalleled people to each and every client with whom we engage. We’re on the look-out for team players to work with us in serving as an integral extension of our clients to measure, analyze and improve resource management. Come join the Ecova family… together we can Make a World of Difference.
This position is responsible for the architecture and design of the Ecova Data Platform, which includes relational (SQL Server, Oracle, MPP Appliances etc) and non relational stores (Hadoop, Cassandra, Mongo etc). Data is a key element of our business. The Enterprise Data Architect possesses end-to-end vision on the enterprise data strategy. The Enterprise Data Architect understands how a logical design translates into physical database design for relational stores, how data flows across the enterprise and how the most value can be extracted from the data in the most effective way. The Data Architect serves as the liaison between business stakeholders and development teams to determine data requirements for applications and database infrastructure needs.
This position could be based out of our Spokane, Portland, or Seattle office. Candidates who are willing to relocate are welcome to apply.
- Expert understanding of Data Architecture and Design
- Advanced knowledge of standard data modeling tools, include Erwin 7.3 or Embarcadero ERStudio 9.0.
- Advanced knowledge of database concepts both relational and non-relational.
- Experience with Metadata management.
- Experience in implementing at least one project in the big data space
- Experience in Data Analysis and Data Migration Tools.
- Contributes to establishment of Enterprise Data Standards.
- Participates in managing the Enterprise Data Model, including data dictionary/metadata registry.
- Develops strategies for warehouse implementation, data acquisition, and archive recovery.
- Evaluates new data sources for adherence to the organization's quality standards and ease of integration.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of database, ETL, and application concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Develop and maintain documentation of the overall data architecture, data flows and data models.
- Provides project requirements and time estimates.
- Provides consultation on complex projects and is considered to be a senior level contributor.
- Provides direction on adoption of new technologies / best industry practices in data architecture and modeling.
- Experience in both high level conceptual design and implementation through the initial phases of the project
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience in the field.
- Minimum of 10 years combined experience as a Data Architect and in other database related roles.
- Expert understanding of database architecture and design.
- Advanced knowledge of database concepts, including SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes, Partitioning, Full Text, and tools for SQL Server 2000/2008/2012.
- Advanced knowledge of standard data modeling tools, including Erwin 7.3 or Embarcadero ERStudio 9.0.
- Understands software development lifecycle principals.
- Expert in design and development of relational data warehouses and OLTP systems
- Experience designing and implementing at least one project on Hadoop or similar big data systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, client relation skills, and the ability to work effectively as a leader in a technical team environment.
- Works well within AGILE project management methodology.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to present ideas and updates to senior management.
- Ability to work with business users.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
Connect with Ecova: Twitter| LinkedIn| Facebook | Blog | Videos | Webinars