Operations: Facility Solutions | Portland, OR or San Francisco, CA, United States
Ecova--Making a World of Difference
At Ecova, we believe each individual, no matter the role, can make a difference for our clients, the environment and for themselves. Ecova is built on a strong foundation of integrity, community, leadership, persistence and urgency.
Our highest goal is to be the market leading, trusted advisor to organizations driven to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve environmental performance. Our focus is to grow results on saving resources for our clients – from utilities to facilities. We apply data-driven insights – from demand to impact – to target inefficiencies and See More, Save More and Sustain More for our clients.
We strive to deliver results and innovation through efforts of our unparalleled people to each and every client with whom we engage. We’re on the look-out for team players to work with us in serving as an integral extension of our clients to measure, analyze and improve resource management. Come join the Ecova family… together we can Make a World of Difference.
Engineering, Facility Optimization
Responsible for technical engineering support for the Facility Engineering team. Acts as the technical expert in support of program delivery for multiple clients. Able to manage client relationships from start to finish: need assessment, proposal and delivery. Able to work independently and think both tactically and strategically, manage subcontractors, may have professional direct reports.
- Visit clients, putting together energy analyses, developing recommendations, and identifying savings opportunities. May provide technical expertise and market analysis to management to enable Ecova’ strategic decision-making.
- Provide technical advice to program teams to resolve product or service requests regarding engineering, technical or scientific issues.
- Perform on-site energy audits, developing energy analyses including recommendations for operational efficiencies and identifying energy savings opportunities.
- Provide technical expertise in specific areas of expertise to Efficiency teams, clients, industry partners, and potential clients with the expectation of representing all the services available.
- Provide support in both pre- and post-sales by attending presentations, white papers, product demonstrations, and installations / implementations.
- Responsible for the analysis of technical services and systems.
- May recommend alterations to service development and design to improve quality of services and/or procedures.
- Provide mentoring and training in area of expertise to other team members.
- Responsible to track, verify, and validate energy program and carbon mitigation savings.
- Under direction from the program manager or Lead Engineer, assist in business development opportunities with companies in the manufacturing, food processing and other related industries.
- Create and develop relationships with both technical and business operations managers and other key players.
- Perform related work as required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, energy management or related area of specialty
- Masters in Engineer and / or MBA desired
- Minimum 10 years of experience in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and/or electric technologies concepts, practices, and procedures or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in energy efficiency.
- Certified Energy Manager and / or Professional Engineer desired.
- Experience analyzing energy use, carbon mitigation or other energy management experience is preferred.
- Strong QA/QC and efficient data error checking.
- Organize, analyze, interpret, and evaluate scientific energy engineering problems and provide practical, cost effective solutions.
- Solid foundation in both analytical skills and field experience.
- Able to manage client relationship from a technical perspective, while partnering and coordinating with other internal and external resources (project manager, other service delivery staff, sub-contractors).
- Able to effectively asses clients needs for effective communication – translating technical, energy and project related information into the format and context needed by the client.
- Able to interpret client expectations and appropriately probe for clarification in situations when client (both internal and external) may not be able to clearly articulate the level of technical review or analysis required (go beyond literal message to seek understanding of client needs).
- Strong understanding of the audit process.
- Skills in data collection and interpretation.
- Self directed and highly organized in approach to work.
- Able to work largely independently to identify and resolve clients and internal process problems.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to create technical reports while having a strong understanding of client needs is required
- Strong ability to communicate to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders verbally and through writing.
- Expert with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Competency with MS Project or other project management tools is preferred.
- Experience in reading and understanding blueprints and drawings.
- Strong financial analysis skills – able to evaluate profitability and return on investment for alternative client project options as well as effectively manage internal projects and work efforts to achieve business earnings and profitability goals
- Very high standards for quality delivery and rigorous attention to detail for document quality control and error checking for all aspects of personal and team deliverables.
- Management supervision is largely strategic in nature – little review of tactical project decisions or client work product is required.
- Ability to travel 30-40% of the time.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
Connect with Ecova: Twitter| LinkedIn| Facebook | Blog | Videos | Webinars