Marketing & Communications | Portland, OR, United States
Ecova--Making a World of Difference
At Ecova, we believe each individual, no matter the role, can make a difference for our clients, the environment and for themselves. Ecova is built on a strong foundation of integrity, community, leadership, persistence and urgency.
Our highest goal is to be the market leading, trusted advisor to organizations driven to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve environmental performance. Our focus is to grow results on saving resources for our clients – from utilities to facilities. We apply data-driven insights – from demand to impact – to target inefficiencies and See More, Save More and Sustain More for our clients.
We strive to deliver results and innovation through efforts of our unparalleled people to each and every client with whom we engage. We’re on the look-out for team players to work with us in serving as an integral extension of our clients to measure, analyze and improve resource management. Come join the Ecova family… together we can Make a World of Difference.
Product Management is part of the Marketing team, which is responsible for positioning Ecova as a leader in the fast-growing Energy Management space. Our work includes product planning, development and launch of products in each market offering and the technology solutions to deliver them. Comprised of a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds in energy, product management and technology, our team blends product lifecycle process expertise and domain knowledge to deliver maximum ROI. With a strong mandate from the executive team, the Product Management team takes the lead in driving growth, fostering innovation and articulating the needs of the market.
Product Manager, Technology Platform
As Product Manager, Technology Platformin Ecova’s Utility Solutions,you will drive the vision and realization of Ecova’s technology platform that includes CRM, mobile, web/ecommerce, analytics and both B2B and B2C customer facing elements. Ecova seeks an experienced Product Manager to utilize product management best-practices to develop a deep understanding of customer needs, evaluate buy vs build options and implement solutions with our emerging agile development team.
- Act as a product champion to develop the product vision and evangelize it to cross-functional teams and senior management
- Define the platform market requirements, business requirements and go-to-market strategy
- Drive the product development process including product feature prioritization and ongoing roadmap planning
- Lead market sensing activities that employ voice of the customer initiatives and competitive analysis
- Work with Corporate Marketing to support product launches, campaigns and sales tools, including development of platform value proposition/positioning
- Establish company-wide product development investment priorities in collaboration with Portfolio Management team
- Interface with IT and business leadership to ensure proper prioritization / tradeoff of resources
- Evaluate and communicate product performance against corporate objectives
- Develop a strong understanding of technology solutions applicable and specific to Ecova’s industry and customers
- Utilize secondary research to assess industry trends, competitive landscape and key technology opportunities and barriers
- Serve as core team lead and primary platform champion
- Conduct presentations to various groups and levels within the organization and externally communicate Ecova’s platform to clients/customers
- Develop high level business cases in support of innovation and product development activities
- Support product line profitability, including monitoring product costs and identifying and implementing cost reduction solutions
- Understand cost and revenue drivers to develop pricing strategies to support company financial goals
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Marketing and/or equivalent experience
- Five to seven years experience in product management of software, web or technology products
- Demonstrated ability to transform concepts into viable products and business solutions to meet internal stakeholder and external B2B and B2C customer needs
- Experience collaborating with Agile development teams on user story inception and development
- Entrepreneurial spirit and proficient at working independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven track record of establishing credibility with key customers and partners and effectively influencing cross-functional teams to achieve results
- MBA or Masters Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Knowledge of .NET, Salesforce, AppExchange and/or APEX environments
- Consumer UI/UX, web, mobile or SaaS product experience
- Budget and/or P&L experience
- Utility energy efficiency, energy management or related industry experience
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
Connect with Ecova: Twitter| LinkedIn| Facebook | Blog | Videos | Webinars