Information Technology | Portland, OR, United States
Ecova--Making a World of Difference
At Ecova, we believe each individual, no matter the role, can make a difference for our clients, the environment and for themselves. Ecova is built on a strong foundation of integrity, community, leadership, persistence and urgency.
Our highest goal is to be the market leading, trusted advisor to organizations driven to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve environmental performance. Our focus is to grow results on saving resources for our clients – from utilities to facilities. We apply data-driven insights – from demand to impact – to target inefficiencies and See More, Save More and Sustain More for our clients.
We strive to deliver results and innovation through efforts of our unparalleled people to each and every client with whom we engage. We’re on the look-out for team players to work with us in serving as an integral extension of our clients to measure, analyze and improve resource management. Come join the Ecova family… together we can Make a World of Difference.
IT Application Development
Software Developer, Salesforce
This position will act as primary Salesforce.com (SFDC) Application Developer working in tandem with the Salesforce Administrator, responsible for developing custom applications for Ecova’s utility energy efficiency program.
- Serve as a Technical Lead role on major software projects involving multiple development resources, Salesforce.com and other personnel in the business.
- Work with Business Analysts and the Salesforce Admninistrator to develop/validate requirements for projects with moderate to high complexity.
- Develop functional design specifications for software applications with moderate to high complexity.
- Participate with systems architecture design, requirements analysis.
- Design, code and unit test software programs.
- Support quality assurance function, unit test through user acceptance testing.
- Proactively identify and lead efforts for implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Provide system configuration guidance and support to the Salesforce Administrator.
- Act as a business consultant to business owners in Marketing and Operations to evaluate new and revised product offerings.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and suggest their application to Ecova systems where appropriate,
- Be a champion for the Saleforce.com application through the IT and Business organizations.
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or related field; or equivalent combination of experience, education.
- Salesforce certification or ability to become Salesforce certified.
- Proficiency developing on the Salesforce.com platform and API’s (APEX, Visualforce)
- 5+ years experience working on large complex web applications
- 5 + years experience programming with Java and Java Frameworks
- Five+ years experience integrating with SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 relational database management systems, stored procedures, and queries or other relational database management systems (e.g. Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience developing e-commerce portals
- Experience using C#.NET (preferred), Visual Basic .NET is a plus.
- Must be an experienced user of defect tracking systems and the processes associated with them.
- Must have experience applying concepts of object oriented design (OOD) on software development projects.
- Must be proficient in N-tiered software engineering practices in desktop and/or web application development.
- Expeirence with Microsoft development tools including Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server is a plus.
- Proven ability to develop solutions using Salesforce.com platform
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to successfully communicate with stakeholders to facilitate intelligent product and service solutions.
- Demonstrated highly collaborative work style, team building skills and problem solving approach. Motivates project teams and stakeholders to achieve desired results.
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Proficient using all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.