IT Manager, TORONTO OFFICE
The Marketing Store is a global company that brings the spirit of brands to life. Our clients include a wide range of the worlds’ top brands and marketers. We have a positive culture and work environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
Having developed an insightful, strategic, brand-building process for creating advertising campaigns, we have adapted this same thinking to promotions, digital, direct, the Internet, CRM, premiums and events. The result is unique solutions that cover the gamut of marketing channels.
Reporting to the North America IT Director the IT Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing an operational team as well as administering and managing the systems environment for the office. This person establishes technical priorities, standards and procedures. This individual understands enterprise processes and ensures adherence to policy. This person is driven to find technology solutions to improve the operational environment and provide comprehensive recommendations to senior management, both IT and non-IT. This person is responsible for evaluating, selecting and implementing proper technology solutions to solve business problems. This person will have budget management responsibilities. This position will often meet with key customers to recommend solutions and resolve critical situations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate the overall status for the team, including projects, issue and operational status to audiences that include business area staff and IT management
- Communication direction and policy to staff
- Effectively manage customer expectations
- Coordinate activities with other IT groups
- Present and sell solutions
Issues Management and Resolution:
- Identify, document, analyze and respond to critical events
- Manage crisis requiring analysts from multiple teams to resolve
- Escalation point as necessary for IT and Business
- Analyze issues and formulate solutions
- Troubleshoot system, application and hardware issues
- Use external information to research and resolve issues when needed
- Strong knowledge with regards to local policies, rights, and standards
- Ability to manage multiple issues, priorities and goals
- Manage IaaS as well as on-premise servers
- Document processes and systems
- Perform backups and restores
- Document and maintain environment standards.
- Design, Build and Configuration of new Hardware/Software
- Inventory tracking of assets
- Procurement of new hardware and software
- Perform routine system maintenance
- Demonstrate sound written, oral and organizational skills
- Document solutions, systems and procedures
- Ability to follow documented commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures
- Deliver personal, customer focused and professional service
- Run meetings to discuss problems/solutions with stakeholders and peers
- Provide status and issue updates to Director and peers as required.
- Prioritize and manage day-to-day responsibilities of IT staff
- Identify training and development opportunities to strengthen and/or grow skill sets within the IT team.
- Track and manage staff time off and schedules
- Recommend promotions and organizational changes
- Develop and track capacity plan for team
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring of resources and obtaining appropriate training
- Write performance evaluations and conduct reviews.
- Responsible for a portion of the IT Operations budget
- Manage vendor relationships
- Drive completion of quality project deliverables, within time and budget.
- Deliver projects for both IT and directly for the business
- Ensure quality control on all projects within area of responsible
Required Skills and Competencies
Education & Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent program
- Advanced technical certification in field of expertise (e.g., MCSE, CNE, CCNP, CCSE)
- Minimum of 3 years experience with deep skills in Systems Administration.
- Minimum 6 yrs of IT-related experience
- Minimum 3 yrs IT management experience
- Experience managing an IT operations team
- Experience managing a portion of an IT budget
- Experience implementing ITIL best practices
- Experience managing projects that require interaction with the business
- Experience in environments with formal project management methodologies and practices.
- Knowledge of the Advertising and/or Marketing business a plus
- Proficient in Analytical/Problem Solving, Team Work, Communication, Accountability/Ownership, Adaptability to Change, Continuous Improvement, Business Acumen, Customer Focus, Build Relationships
- Active Directory/ADFS administration and integration in a heterogeneous environment.
- Experience with Exchange, Lync & SharePoint administration
- Experience with utility services: DHCP, DNS and domain registration.
- Setup and configuration of storage systems
- Implementation and maintenance of backup solutions
- Experience with SaaS & IaaS, and co-location models.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2003 through 2012
- Experience with VMware, Linux
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery practices
- Experience with O365 a plus
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store. Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.