Sales | All Regions, United States
Since 2006, Appirio has helped companies power their business with the cloud. We provide professional services backed by a team of 700+ strategy and technology experts, an innovative technology platform, and a 600,000 person crowdsourcing community that lets enterprises move faster, rethink processes and change the way their employees work. We’ve been recognized by organizations such as the World Economic Forum, the Wall Street Journal, Gartner and IDC, and are backed by Sequoia Capital, GGV and General Atlantic.
Cloud, social and mobile are changing the face of IT and business, and Appirio is at the heart of this revolution. We offer employees the opportunity to work with industry pioneers, the latest in technology, and some of the most innovative customers in the world.
- Provide technical support in sales calls, solution presentations, and assist the Enterprise Account Executive with understanding customer requirements.
- Translate customer business objectives and requirements into solutions and level-of-effort estimates to implement those solutions.
- Provides input for RFI and RFP responses, including the effort estimate, project team, timeline, implementation methodology and solution components.
- Deliver excellent services sales presentations to the customer in support of the sales process.
- Anticipate customer needs and identify appropriate solution alternatives.
- Respond to customer questions and objections on technical issues.
- Provide informal training and mentoring skills to customers and other Appirio employees
- Validate technical recommendations against customer requirements and assist with preparing statements of work.
- Contribute to client engagements post-sale
- Travel 50%
- Team player with ability to work and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams across sales, delivery, operations, etc.
- Gain technical skills and expertise in Appirio products, services, and implementation methodology and Salesforce.com applications and platform.
- Partner with the Appirio sales team to drive new services revenue.
- Must have the ability to take joint ownership of the assigned accounts/opportunities with the Account Executive and lead account management on technical issues.
- Ability to connect with customers to become a trusted technical advisor.
- Work with Enterprise Account Executives and Offshore Team to develop customer demonstrations and prototypes.
- Support 'proof of concept' installations to help customers evaluate Appirio capabilities
Education and Experience
- Candidate should be self-confident, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and have an ambition to succeed
- BS in Computer Science, Software engineering, MIS or Information Technology is preferable.
- Minimum of two years of implementation experience with Salesforce.com.
- Minimum of five years of on-the-job experience and knowledge of client/server or web-based system development processes.
- Prior experience with sales process and forecasting of sales cycles.
- Candidate must demonstrate experience in enterprise product applications and services engagements.
- Experience in custom application development.
- Ability to understand and explain related technical issues, and skills related to working and resolving problems in customer accounts.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills. He/She will spend a good part of his/her time in verbal one-on-one and one-to-many situations discussing a technical approach to solving a customer issue.
- Written communications skills are required to produce technical documents and status reports.