The Technical Consultant role is part of the LinkedIn Consulting team. The objective of this role is to drive customer success with LinkedIn Talent Solutions Products by integrating technology and business solutions. This role will be responsible for technical presales activities, driving client engagement from capturing initial requirements, driving implementations and final delivery to the clients. This role would suit persons from a Sales Engineering, Technical Project Management or Solution Architect background.
As part of this team, the Technical Consultant will be expected to have conceptual and practical expertise in a discipline but can cover all areas
and will work closely with LinkedIn’s world class Corporate Sales, Product Consulting, Products, Solutions, Engineering and Customer Service teams
- Drive Success for the region. Drive awareness of technology enablers and their potential impact on business. Understand local market and provide/act on market insights. Identify current strategies, activities and business processes influencing competitive position through client discussions
- Seen as domain expert by client decision makers.Provide single point of contact for client integrations in pre and post sales capacity with minimal guidance. Provide persuasive presentations via virtual tools and in person. Wide scale relationship with sales organization as a trusted partner
- Assist in developing talent on team. Act to inspire action in other to contribute to the success of technical solutions. Develop tools, frameworks and accelerators to help to scale success. Develops business process and improvement recommendations for limited part of the organization. Identify and drive opportunities for improvement and leverage.
- Project management - lead strategic projects and initiatives. Interact with all levels from top leadership to staff teams. Drive high profile decision making with effective story-telling, message architecture skills, and related deck-writing. Know how to handle change management effectively
- Partner Management – Working closely with cross-functional teams, establish partner programs to scale training and consulting services.
- Solutions R&D - Innovate and implement new technical solutions for our strategic clients. Be hands-on with the APIs, build sample apps and provide technical assistance, during and after integration. Work with Sales to get customer feedback for these solutions.
- 5+ years as a Technical Consultant (with a mix presales and post sales activities). Bachelors in Computer Science (BS/CS) or equivalent knowledge highly desired.
- A proven track record in driving sales and adoption of technical products; demonstrated history of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Excellent analytical ability, facilitative, consultative, communications skills and strong judgment.
- Technical experience implementing SaaS solutions desirable. Experience with HR ecosystem is a plus. Experience evaluating various business systems and analyzing processes, procedures, and/or policies.
- Self-starter and flexible leader who can thrive in a very fast paced business. Ability to work within a team or in a solo capacity on customer projects.
- Problem solver with keen attention to detail. Ability to juggle multiple, self-prioritized, balls at once.
- Ability to work in the weeds, while identifying patterns to scale the big picture better.
- Passionate about LinkedIn and our disruptive products