Consumer Analytics at LinkedIn influences our products in ways immediately felt by our members. We thrive on collaborating with LinkedIn's product development teams to build data-fueled products which our members love. We own our numbers, track them carefully and are nimble in analyzing trends.
Can you think out of the box to envision which how a accurate, timely business intelligence report will allow us to deliver transformative insights?
Do you have what it takes to quickly seize opportunities and leverage the power of programming to unite terabytes of 'professional' data?
The Data Scientist will quickly earn the respect of peers by building business intelligence reports with a 'wow' factor, which help guide strategic direction for our company. Building on a demonstrated ability to apply statistical process control principles in identifying data problems, the successful candidate will collaborate with Data Scientists who share a collaborative style and an enthusiasm for and commitment to finding highly relevant business insights from very large datasets that are held to the highest standard of data quality and cleanliness.
- Understands the critical strategic importance of insightful, timely reports to our business
. A hands-on creator of business reports with a proven record of assembling data from disparate sources to track vital metrics for our business
. Adept at prototyping business reports and collaborating with dedicated teams to implement production-quality reports
. Outstanding abilities to turn initial design notes into business reports with a 'wow' factor
. Cares deeply about data quality and demonstrates this commitment by attention to quality of data and code generated
- Sees beyond the numbers
. Cares deeply about the story the numbers tell and can independently perform in-depth investigations of data problems employing statistical skills
- Gets that the devil is in the details
. Confidently extracts and queries very large data sets using Java, Python, SQL, Pig and successively refines applicable parameters to accurately express data trends or anomalies.
. Comfortable in applying Statistical Process Control principles to improve reporting data quality
. Attitude toward problem solving can best be summarized as 'It ain't done until it is done right', while remaining keenly aware of tight deadlines
. Exemplifies an easy-to-get-along personality, collborates well with colleagues even under challenging circumstances, and values team success.
. Results driven, nimble problem solver
. Excellent oral and written communicator whose interactions with all levels of the organization impress with their timeliness and accuracy
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Operational Research, Statistics, or another quantitative field of study.
- 2+ years work experience providing analytical insights and business reports to product or business functions. Experience in presenting insights to executive staff on a regular basis a plus.
- 2+ years work experience analyzing very large datasets with SQL (Teradata, Oracle, or MySQL) and R, or other statistical package.
- 2+ years experience with Tableau, QlikView, Microstrategy, or other data visualization and BI dashboarding tools.
- 1+ years work experience programming in Java or Python - Pig experience desired
- Proficiency in a Unix/Linux environment for automating processes with shell scripting.