Apply for a Job
Use LinkedIn to see who you know at The Sun Products Corporation
Human Resource Generalist
Human Resources | Dyersburg, TN
The Human Resources Generalist
performs Human Resources related duties at the professional level and will carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, labor relations, talent acquisition, management of talent, affirmative action compliance, HRIS administration and benefits. Responsibilities
- Provides an excellent business partner resource for our first level supervisors and department heads, offering suggestions and alternative courses of action that will result in a higher level of individual and organizational performance.
- Directs talent management activities to ensure the most qualified associates are recruited, hired or transferred in support of onsite manufacturing needs and Sun Products’ succession planning priorities. This includes the on boarding, hourly performance evaluations and pay practices for managing hourly associates.
- Demonstrates human resource practices that ensure compliance with federal and state employment laws as well as company policies and procedures. This includes managing employee investigation resulting from complaints, preparing and responding to governmental charges and recommending measures intended to ameliorate risk. Conducts EEOC investigations and prepares responses as directed by the site HR Leader.
- Identify and help develop associate programs that ensure high levels of engagement, union avoidance, cultural inclusion and advancement of Sun Products Human Resource initiatives that contribute toward company goals and values.
- Provide leadership as the designated backup to the HR Leader for the Dyersburg site.
- 5+ years of Human Resources-related experience with direct or shared accountability for 50 or more associates. Experience must include several years work in a union free environment.
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of human resource administration; knowledge of sound techniques in all aspects of human resource management
- Bachelor's degree preferred in business or related science
- SHRM Certified Professional (SPHR or PHR) designation is desirable but not required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural, environment and administer programs that support cross-functional high performance teams
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge in employment law and other government compliance regulations, with special emphasis on Equal Employment Opportunities and Affirmative Action Plans laws and requirements for various subgroups.
- Ability to build relationships and work well across functions
- Above average problem solving ability.
- Exceptional analytical, statistical, quantitative, and deduction skills.
- Previous experience with an HRIS system such as PeopleSoft, Workday etc. is required.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and have strong organizational skills
- Understanding of business processes and basic corporate finance, management and accounting principles
- Understands the basic principles of change management and can execute a project plan for major large scale change.
- Must have skill and experience in the area of talent management, including formal training in behavioral-based interviewing and assessment for technical skills and productive work behaviors, a proven track record of successful hiring and retention at levels including department manager level.
- Must exhibit sound judgment in the face of complex problems and issues.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including people development/coaching, objective setting, and measurement skills usually in first level leaders.
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates the capacity to manage changing priorities and ambiguity while remaining calm and controlled.
- Above average coaching skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and an ability to engage audiences
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) is required.
- Proficient in HRIS including data entry, queries and data management is required.