People Ops & Finance | Mountain View, CA, United States
About the Job
- Polyvore is a new way to discover and shop for things you love. Polyvore's global community has created over 80 million collage-like “sets” that are shared across the web.
- Polyvore disrupts the traditional e-commerce model by giving everyone everywhere a voice in shaping today's trends and influencing purchases. Our savvy community is ahead of the curve, predicting trends before they hit the mainstream.
- We’re a product and engineering-driven team of smart, creative people, who work in an open, collaborative environment. We focus on doing a few things well. We work in small, scrappy teams that experiment rapidly, fail fast, learn and iterate quickly. And we build exceptional products that delight our users and customers.
- We’ve been a profitable company since 2011. We have over 90% gross margins, and we’ve been cash flow positive since 2012. We've raised $22M in funding from Benchmark Capital, Matrix Partners, DAG Ventures, Goldman Sachs and NV Investments (Vivi Nevo).
Polyvore’s headcount has grown 60% year over year and we continue to grow rapidly. We’re looking for a Head of Recruiting to lead our successful recruiting team. In this role, you will own both technical and non-technical recruiting at Polyvore. You will design, execute and iterate on Polyvore’s hiring strategy. You will help build Polyvore’s brand as a great employer within Silicon Valley. You will lead, mentor and grow our current internal team of recruiters. We are looking for someone who can help build out the Polyvore team while we maintain a high hiring bar for both aptitude and cultural fit. You will partner with a leadership team that cares deeply about recruiting and embraces how crucial world-class hires are to our future.
Maintains and continually improves the recruitment process throughout the company; takes full ownership of the role
Manages and develops the team of HR Recruiters; is a strong mentor and team player within the recruiting org
Explores market best practices in the recruitment and implements appropriate best practices accordingly. Experiments with new and different recruiting events to see what’s most effective
Strong partner to senior management and all hiring managers
Owns the upkeep of current, strong and differentiated recruiting messaging
Sets the social media recruiting communication strategy for Polyvore (on Polyvore site, LinkedIn, GlassDoor, Piazza, etc.)
- Hands-on recruiter/sourcer for certain key/tough hires
You have effectively managed a team of recruiters (preferably in smaller and larger sized companies)
You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
You’re a strong manager and leader
You are both creative AND analytical
Your MO is to get things done
You are positive and a great ambassador and advocate of the company; you can get people excited about our technology, our extremely strong business model and incredibly positive corporate culture
You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, with smart, down-to-earth and driven people, who work hard to create a balanced, transparent and friendly company