We're looking for highly motivated, aggressive, polished and entrepreneurial Regional Sales Rep. focused on building and sustaining customer accounts and relationships while driving adoption of our platform by customers. The Regional Sales Rep works very closely with the VP of Sales to aggressively close new accounts while up-selling existing accounts. This is mainly a hunter role. Geographic location is the West Coast, with preferred locations to be the San Francisco Bay Area.
In this highly visible role you will be comfortable and experienced in driving, leading and closing a sophisticated SaaS/Enterprise Software sale. You will be aggressive, experienced and proactive. Travel will be second nature to you and an essential part of the role. Position Responsibilities
- Work with the VP of Sales and marketing team to qualify and prioritize existing leads
- Cultivate and drive new clients and accounts from your extensive industry relevant network
- Present Altiscale value proposition, product, vision, strategy and road map to potential clients
- Represent Altiscale at Industry events;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications
- Establish personal networks and participate in professional societies
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Strong experience with both salesforce.com and hubspot.com analytics
Key Attractions of the Role About Altiscale
- 10 years + sales experience required, meeting/exceeding quota majority of years
- College degree required, preferably w/ a technical degree
Altiscale offers the first cloud service that is purpose-built to run Apache Hadoop. Altiscale's optimized infrastructure is faster, more reliable, easier to use, and more affordable than alternatives. Without the distractions of Hadoop operations, and with access to practically unlimited resources, Altiscale customers can drive more business value from Hadoop than ever before. Altiscale's founding team has been at the forefront of Apache Hadoop, from its incubation at Yahoo! to the operation of more than 40,000 Hadoop nodes. Altiscale is backed by General Catalyst Partners and Sequoia Capital.