We are looking for a Senior Software Developer in Test (SDET) professional who will help us define and build our test strategy but also automate the software testing of our large-scale cloud-based services.
Are you an advocate of good development and testing practices? Does it bother you when testing is not effective because developers are focusing on the wrong things? Do you practice what you preach and lead by implementing? Are you excited by the idea of testing systems that process petabytes of data and implement the essential business processes for our customers? Does it bother you to no end when you hear that features are being manually tested? Do you love to have a deep understanding of the code you are testing so that you can make your test suite more robust? Senior Software Developer in Test at Altiscale is the right position for you.
As a Software Developer in Test at Altiscale you are given the challenge of building large scale automated test solutions for one of a number of Cloud Products. At Altiscale, we pride ourselves in providing a great work environment, talented team members, and cutting edge technology. You will be working side-by-side with Software Developers and other SDT's testing infrastructure and web applications ensuring that our systems live our to the highest standards of reliability and predictability. A passion for software and a passion for testing are a must.
- Lead testing strategy efforts for all our services, including helping developers come up with an overall testing methodology for our systems
- Lead test automation efforts for all services including selection, design and implementation of test frameworks and tools
- Promote, solicit and instruct others on good quality and coding practices and standards through mentoring and group presentations
- Represent QE in discussions with development and product groups
- Write smoke, functional, integration, load and regression automated tests against web services APIs (REST)
- Collaborate with the engineering team to fully test the entire product offering, integration points and user interfaces
- Collaborate with development engineers to build, evolve and maintain a scalable continuous build and deployment pipeline
- Use Quality and Testing experience to identify test gaps and opportunities to expand our test case coverage
- 7+ years of Test experience as a developer and team leader
- 5+ years of Test Automation experience
- Strong Understanding of XML, XSD, Json, WADL, WSDL, REST and SOAP and demonstrated experience with web services APIs.
- Leadership experience with a focus on QA Processes and Methodologies
- Knowledge of a UI automation tool such as Selenium, QTP, or Silk
- Basic knowledge of open source tools such as curl, JMeter
- Previous experience with Continuous Integration or Delivery
- Practical experience with Linux, such as Red Hat or Ubuntu, including Unix shell scripting
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of web protocols, networking and systems
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with geographically dispersed teams.
- Experience working within an Agile development process (Scrum, XP, Kanban etc) from the test design, test automation and execution perspective
- Understanding and experience with Big Data infrastructure such as Hadoop, Pig, Hive, and HBase
- Deep understanding and experience with Linux internals, virtual machines, and open source tools/platforms
- Experience building large-scale distributed applications and services
- Sound knowledge of SQL & No-SQL databases