- Work closely with UX designers, project managers and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to tricky web development problems.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a browser can do.
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Launch, iterate and make a difference. Provide front-end coding expertise, and be ready to make VertiCloud better for our users.
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or 5+ years relevant work experience
- At least 2+ years of software industry experience architecting application front ends in object-oriented environments
- Experience architecting web applications with a focus on performance, modularity, reuse, and maintainability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in one or more of: Java, Python, Ruby
- Knowledge of Big Data architectures ( Hadoop , Cassandra), cloud platforms ( Heroku , AWS ), server side technologies (Node, Apache), or databases ( Postgres , MongoDB )
- Publications and presentations
- Experience working in situations that are outside applicant’s immediate area of expertise
Key Attractions of the Role About Altiscale
- MS in Computer Science.
- Experience working in Linux environment.
- Strong sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external), strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership.
- Popular front-end frameworks (e.g., Backbone, Angular, KnockOut, etc.)
- Visualization, charting, and mapping libraries such as D3 , Processing, Prefuse , Leaflet, MapBox , etc.
- Rapid prototyping methods and participation on Agile development teams
Altiscale offers the first cloud service that is purpose-built to run Apache Hadoop. Altiscale's optimized infrastructure is faster, more reliable, easier to use, and more affordable than alternatives. Without the distractions of Hadoop operations, and with access to practically unlimited resources, Altiscale customers can drive more business value from Hadoop than ever before. Altiscale's founding team has been at the forefront of Apache Hadoop, from its incubation at Yahoo! to the operation of more than 40,000 Hadoop nodes. Altiscale is backed by General Catalyst Partners and Sequoia Capital.