The ideal candidate is a technical generalist with skills ranging from software development to hardware configuration, network design, and production management. If you're an exceptional SRE, we want to hear from you! Responsibilities
- Build, manage, maintain, and scale Altiscale’s core infrastructure
- Deliver highly available, reliable systems
- Deploy hybrid systems in which AWS and bare-metal Hadoop clusters inter operate
- Create processes and tools to automate and improve the maintainability of our systems
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Have fun!
- 5+ years of operations experience
- BA/BS in computer science and engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Proficient in Unix/Linux
- Strong system administration scripting knowledge (shell, ruby, perl, python, etc)
- Strong troubleshooting ability of complex distributed systems
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
Altiscale offers the first cloud service that is purpose-built to run Apache Hadoop. Altiscale's optimized infrastructure is faster, more reliable, easier to use, and more affordable than alternatives. Without the distractions of Hadoop operations, and with access to practically unlimited resources, Altiscale customers can drive more business value from Hadoop than ever before. Altiscale's founding team has been at the forefront of Apache Hadoop, from its incubation at Yahoo! to the operation of more than 40,000 Hadoop nodes. Altiscale is backed by General Catalyst Partners and Sequoia Capital.